5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Thread: Grid question

Grid question

I have a pic of a map I want a grid on...problem is its 3d..so I need a 3d square grid on it. I currently use https://pixlr.com/editor/ is there a way in that to do this? or if theres another way can someone point me in that direction?

Kefrem, I cannot address whether there is some tool that will overlay your d3 drawing with a grid. I suspect there is.

The issue is that even if you succeed, you will not be able to do anything with it in FG other than show it as an image. You won't be able to run combat on it, use the CoreRPG (or derivative) token movement features or anything else most folks want a VTT for. Maybe some day in the future Unity will be able to do it, but that is likely years off.

Blog Entries
    Yeah a 3d map grid in a program setup for 2d images, tokens and movement isn't going to work. What I have done is had a map that had a side view instead of top down. This allowed the characters to move vertically as well as horizontally. (Think Donkey Kong) However, that is going to be about the limit of spacial movement inside any VTT. Sorry!

FG Con 13 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 12-14 2018
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.
    My Blog
    Technical Administrator for Fantasy Grounds College
    Holder of the "Ultimate License" | Allower of Demo Players!
    GM of Nephilim Wars - 5E Post Apocalyptic Campaign
    DM of Destiny Calls - 5E Homebrew that includes Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

Thread Information