DICE PACKS BUNDLE

View Poll Results: Service worth advertising?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go for it!

1 33.33%
  • Meh.

2 66.67%

Potential Creator, Building Design and Maps?

Hey guys,

I create buildings in a CAD program to aide in campaign based storytelling. I've got some sample works up here:

https://www.twitch.tv/coagvla/video/296092174

Cartographerray.jpg

Edit: I swapped out the two samples for a video and more fantasy-related topic. I built this cartographer's shop for the Pathfinder campaign I'm running.

I'm wondering if there's any interest in this kind of work in the FG Community? I do have a patreon up, but I don't want to go barking up the wrong tree. I know there are some professional map makers out there, but the buildings I make are more backdrops for scenes. I can also do detailed/furnished maps and provide 3D renders of spaces for context.

Dormoverview.jpg

I can do dungeons, floorplans, manors, etc. Let me know you think this worth pursuing here. Thanks!
    Last edited by Mikanis; August 11th, 2018 at 23:47.

Blog Entries
    I used to be in the CAD world, always curious what others are using?

Also, I'd suggest you use a blog that doesn't require a user to login with an account. Even though the account is free, lots of people, like me won't sign up for an account just to read a blog.

I do my own maps, but others might be interested, I'll let them chime in.

Good luck.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'm using Chief Architect Seven. I have NO idea how good/bad it is in relation to other programs, I just know it was a bitch to learn and I'm still only using about half the program's true potential.

I got into it as a hobby. I love the puzzle aspect of putting things together, but I make no claim to true architectural knowledge...these drafts would probably give a real architect a nosebleed.

But they're pretty?

Good advice on the blog thing, i completely forgot that one requires a login. I'm new to this venture but tenacious. I'll search out other platforms.

Here are some other samples for the fun of it?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Most folks here play fantasy games, few do modern. I recommend you post some medieval looking stuff or far-future space stuff. Modern is probably the least common. You need to appeal to the biggest audience, I think.
    (the render is fantastic, though -- impressive).

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    post some medieval looking stuff or far-future space stuff. Modern is probably the least common.
    Thank you and that crossed my mind...I am actually running a Pathfinder campaign right now for some friends and we're in need of a cartographer's shop. I'm going to tackle that as my first genuine attempt at Medieval look/feel. I'll stream it tomorrow and post some completed pictures here. Please come check it out in a day or two, I'd love the feedback.

Gonna call it my first Fantasy Grounds challenge. =)

...I'll probably swap out the content in the original post as I complete these.

I'm up for more challenges though, hit me. I'll do two for free, the 3d Render, the floorplan, and Titled reference pictures for use in narrative.

Well, as I'm sure you are aware, the best you can hope for is beer money, but there are many here who buy good material, and, if your posts are indicative of the quality level we can expect on your other material, you will do well -- I'm in line. (although I do not do patreon, at least yet -- I am not a fan of subscriptions of anything but magazines, and few of those).

No Problem on the patreon, the more I think about it, the more that seems like a long-term game. For now, i'm just taking commissions.

THAT SAID: I built a damn map shop. I'm a little proud of it. Only a smidge. I had to create and texture the scrolls myself.

Some Videos:
    https://www.twitch.tv/coagvla/video/296092172

https://www.twitch.tv/coagvla/video/296092174

Cartographerray.jpg

This is the interior, I'm going to work on the living quarters and Street view now. (hint, cobblestone).

The modern lights ruin it for a fantasy setting, but aside from that could work.

In roleplaying games images are used to stimulate the imagination of the players, set the mood and etc. Unless your sets are done with proper textures, Ray-tracing and other post processing effects, I would not pick them for a game.

Sterile renderings are ok if you wanna propose interior/exterior design on work related project, but does no go well in fiction.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thread Information