Starfinder Playlist

Thread: Considering FG

Considering FG

Hi all,

I've not yet tried out FG - Currently I am planning a face 2 face classic campaign (only played without tech aid before) - But, due to the players being spread out, at time we might need 1 to all players remote - Could I easily use FG for simple tasks like dice-rolling, sharing a map and a few images - but without actually setting up a full Campaign and play the whole thing managed in FG?

In your experience, do you use FG at all if you play face to face?

thanks

Welcome to the forums.

Yes, you can do what you mention.

I also use FG at the table all the time for face-to-face games. See screenshots in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-To-Face-games
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi Borodir, and Welcome! to the Community,

Yes, you can use it face to face - in fact, that's how I started. And as Trenloe has said, there's a lot of people who do use it that way.

So, in an effort to help you and your group, let me suggest the following: If you haven't done so already, let me encourage you to take a look at some of the great Tutorial Videos available on the Fantasy Grounds Wiki (and on YouTube). Damn's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below).

Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG forms the foundation of just about all the RPGs we play with Fantasy Grounds - so by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you'll need to know to play any RPG with Fantasy Grounds. Once you've gone through the CoreRPG Videos you can then go on to Videos about your chosen RPG.

When you get familiar with the basic Fantasy Grounds product the next step is to check out some of the Extensions (Plug-Ins) for FG, such as the DOE: Sound, DOE: Locations, DOE: Weather and DOE: Organisations Extensions (to name a but a few - and a Shameless™ Self Plug).

You may also way to drop into the FG College; a great place for newcomers to get started.

And of course, there's plenty of Twitch Channels where you can watch games in progress.

And keep on asking questions - we're a pretty friendly lot here, and we love answering questions.

Cheers
    Last edited by dulux-oz; August 9th, 2018 at 06:58.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by Borodir View Post
    Hi all,
    In your experience, do you use FG at all if you play face to face?

thanks
    I use it for all of my in person games even when the players cannot log in to the session. It is just that convenient to have access to so much.

5e, Pathfinder, Numenera, W40k:OW are all games I have run like this.

5e and Pathfinder are the best implemented with a big gap between 5e automation and pathfinder though.

Thread Information