5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Two or more campaigns at the same time

Hi

I am presently running a campaign I have created for one group. However, I would like thoughts on ...

1. Could I start a second campaign with a different group. So both campaigns would e running (obviously not at the exact same time). If so, can I keep each one with its own (i.e., different) alias for players to jump in?

2. I would also like to get more experience of FG and would like to play. Presumably, I could jump into a game with the Join Campaign button and this would have no effect on the campaigns I might be running - or the alias' that might be being used??

Thanks

John

Blog Entries
    Hey DoctorC

You can have as many campaigns going at the same time as you like.
    If you are (example) running two groups through LMoP create two campaigns - Wed LMoP and Sat LMoP (or whatever makes sense to you) and run the right one on the right night.
    If you are running (the same) home brew material for both groups consider starting a 3rd campaign called Prep My World and prep all your material in there, export it after updating and open that in each of the Live Campaigns.

And yes of course - GMs should always get a chance to be players too - you can of course also join games too.

Thanks Damned - sorry if the question sounds nieve. And does each of the groups have their own, fixed alias?

Also is there a problem if I have a campaign and later decide to change its name?

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorC View Post
    1. Could I start a second campaign with a different group. So both campaigns would e running (obviously not at the exact same time). If so, can I keep each one with its own (i.e., different) alias for players to jump in?
    The alias is for your GM computer itself, not set per campaign. Don't change the alias (unless you really want to change the base alias) otherwise it will be virtually impossible (without messing around in the Windows registry) to get it back to what you had before.

If you want to prevent players from one campaign accidentally connecting to the wrong campaign, set a different player password on the Load Campaign screen for each campaign.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Final short question on a slight tangent - I have created my own monster, but I used a Mud Mephit as the original creature to base it on. I copied it and then selected the copy, unlocked it and changed all the details - that all works fine. But I can not change its token?? I have a token created (as a png) and also a image as a jpg, but I can't change the token associated with it??

Also is there a problem if I have a campaign and later decide to change its name?
    Nope, you just need to change the directory name in <FG app data>\campaigns
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Got it - and now you say it, I feel stupid for asking.
    Thanks

But I can not change its token?? I have a token created (as a png) and also a image as a jpg, but I can't change the token associated with it??
    Unlock the NPC and drag a token from the token bag to the token placeholder in the top right of the NPC record.

Yes - does the token have to be coming from a specific directory / folder?

Thread Information