5E Character Create Playlist

NPCs - Non-ID Field

Can anyone tell me what this field does/means?

I've searched the User manual and the Wiki guide and nothing tells me what exactly this field does.

Thanks,

Michael

If you put a name or description into that field, that is what is shown to the players when the NPC is not ID'd. Similar to how Item Identification works.

I think I understand, but whats the difference between ID and Not ID. Also, please forgive me if its a dumb question, I'm very new to this ;-)

Blog Entries
    So, the creature is a "kobold" but you give it a non-id name of "small reptilian humanoid". You leave it unidentified so the players see "small reptilian humanoid" until one of them asks you if they know anything about it and you have them make a nature check. When they succeed, you ID it, the name they see changes to kobold and you tell them about it.

Same thing with a magic sword, rather than tell them it is a "+1 Flame Tongue" the get "Fine crafted sword etched with flames"

It helps prevent metagaming. "Oh, it's a troll, we better attack with fire..."

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Holy Cow! Thank you so Much!!! Your answer is gonna take my map to the next level, Thank you again, much appreciated!

Michael

Blog Entries
    You are welcome

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information