Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    Suggestion to prevent dual access added to wishlist; https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/fg2app?ia=119957

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

That seems to be the most likely way that his file got messed up. I’ve done it myself from time to time. Seems stupid but it happens.

Since his cloud sync is only 48 hours interval, that is unlikely to be culprit.

FG keeps session in memory and saves to disk every.... 5 or whatever minutes was the default. And I am pretty sure it is not VSS aware, so every backup application or cloud sync that relies on Volume Shadow Copy service to transfer files in crash-consistent way will not copy successfully the whole data, because it is not yet committed to the disk.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Damned(I think it was their post?) has a forum thread with a batch file that will automatically backup to a cloud location upon exit.

Guys thanks again for all the help! I am glad I got some of my work back despite losing a day is better than losing 3 weeks worth of work! I appreciate it!

bumping this thread to ask a question

I got the same error as KILLGORE

So I tried the copy/paste fix and still get the error

I guess I have to start working backwards in the date modified to find a working copy yes ?

Eventually I'll get a working copy assuming that is the problem right ?
    Ultimate License Holder & FGU backer
    playing D&D since 1980

Currently GMing:
    *Opus Christini Traveller campaign

*Currently Playing
    *Currently Looking

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post

I guess I have to start working backwards in the date modified to find a working copy yes ?

First back up the entire campaign folder.
    If your backup file does not have the info, then yes start looking at the session files. Start with the latest one by date or the biggest sized file.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post

What, exact, error are you getting?

KILLGORE was getting the issue due to, I believe, FG not exiting/saving the data correctly - the data can be recovered (to a point) but shouldn't throw up a using backup data error/message when loading a campaign for the first time with a replaced db.xml file.

If you're using a Mac make sure you exit FG from the desktop right-click menu - don't just close the window.

Let us know the exact error message you're getting and when this occurs (i.e. first time after copying the db.xml file, or a later load of FG, etc.)?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for asking Trenloe

Console says runtime error

demonplague troubles.png
    Ultimate License Holder & FGU backer
    playing D&D since 1980

Currently GMing:
    *Opus Christini Traveller campaign

*Currently Playing
    *Currently Looking

"Permission denied" indicates that the permissions on the folder are incorrect.

Thread Information