STAR TREK 2d20

Multiple NPC affects and Saving throws

Hi. We ran through our first session today with Fantasy Grounds. A couple of quick questions came up. If a player casts something that creates an affect on lets say 7 npcs, is there a quick way to mark them all with that effect or does it need to be done individually. And more importantly, if they cast a spell, lets say fireball, on 10 npcs, is there a way for me to roll the saves at the same time with modifiers being calculated, as I can with the player saving roles?

Blog Entries
    Yes, use targeting. Then when you cast the spell (the save icon etc) FG will automatically roll saves for all the targets. If "Multi" is set on the option "Remove Targets on Miss" then those targets missed (or that make their saves) will not be given the damage or effect (or will only get half damage) as appropriate.

You can check the wiki for targeting, or watch some of the intro videos if that's your preference. Let us know if you need links and someone can point you to the type of source you prefer.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Make sure that all the PCs and NPCs are placed on the Combat Tracker, then dragged from the CT onto the map. (If you are using pre-prepared encounters the NPCs will automatically be set up correctly - so you only need to worry about the PCs). PCs should be dragged onto the CT either from the PC window or from the portraits at the top left.

Once everything is on the CT correctly you and your players can target one or more targets. Hold down the CTRL key and then click on all the targets that are required (either on the CT or on the token on the map). Once everything is targeted you or the players can double click on any attack/damage/save/effect and it will apply that to all of the targets. As LE says above make sure that you have the option Remove Targets on Miss set to 'Multi' so that FG properly computes damage from things like Fireball and other AoE spells.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Fantastic! Thanks so much! I guess the players can make the rolls and not see the results, which is even better than I was hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by lordsoth3 View Post
    Fantastic! Thanks so much! I guess the players can make the rolls and not see the results, which is even better than I was hoping for.
    Whether players see results of rolls or not depends on what options you chose. More information here.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Launch a second instance of FG, connect as a player to localhost​ so that you can see what a player sees.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yep, been doing that all along, so I have confirmed it's working exactly as I'd like it to. thanks again all!

Thread Information