5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Token Tool 2.0

Token Tool 2.0

For those of you who have been using Token Tool to create tokens for FG, RPTools released Token Tools 2.0 this month. I just learned about the update today, so I thought I'd share.

For you GMs who don't use it, I strongly recommend checking it out. It's great for making tokens for your games. Sure you can use Photoshop or Gimp, but it's much faster using Token Tool.

You can find more info at: https://www.rptools.net/2018/07/token-tool-2-0/
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Quote Originally Posted by Three of Swords View Post
    For those of you who have been using Token Tool to create tokens for FG, RPTools released Token Tools 2.0 this month. I just learned about the update today, so I thought I'd share.

For you GMs who don't use it, I strongly recommend checking it out. It's great for making tokens for your games. Sure you can use Photoshop or Gimp, but it's much faster using Token Tool.

You can find more info at: https://www.rptools.net/2018/07/token-tool-2-0/
    Nice stuff, for those looking for the download: https://github.com/RPTools/tokentool/releases/tag/2.0
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

This is the best token tool. The new version is surprising heavy compared to the old one though.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

It was actually publicly released December 3rd, 2017 via the RPTools forum... having just recently gotten a blog announcement. 2.1 is due out "soon"...

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    This is the best token tool. The new version is surprising heavy compared to the old one though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Bleed View Post
    It was actually publicly released December 3rd, 2017 via the RPTools forum... having just recently gotten a blog announcement. 2.1 is due out "soon"...
    Agreed. I'm surprised how long it takes to load. In fact, if it didn't have a modern save system and save my recent borders and save point, I'd consider scrapping it for the old one. I don't need the extra borders.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Bleed View Post
    Interesting. I just found it randomly. Decided to check and see if a new version was available, and it was. So when I saw the blog post dated 7/9, I assumed it was released this month.

Agreed. I'm surprised how long it takes to load. In fact, if it didn't have a modern save system and save my recent borders and save point, I'd consider scrapping it for the old one. I don't need the extra borders.
    Odd, it takes all of about 8-10 seconds to load for me.

This is Java after all.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thanks for the update info - I love this tool!

I've been using it for a few years now.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Odd, it takes all of about 8-10 seconds to load for me.

This is Java after all.
    My load time is about the same. But the old version took less than a second. I'm extremely impatient when it comes to load times.

Blog Entries
    Are you guys using the .exe or the .jar version? I noticed their were a bunch of unlabelled extension types and I'm still not sure which one to use on Win7. (I assume the .exe...)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information