DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Effects duration bug in Pathfinder ruleset

The only duration units for an effect that seem to work are rounds and minutes. The hours and days units just sets the duration to 0.

I don't know if this is a ruleset issue or the FG engine. It also seems to happen in the 5E test game I set up, but I never work in there so I don't know if it is a properly set up effect or not.

Blog Entries
    Yea, FG doesn't track effects that have such long duration.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    The only time tracking that FG does is in the Combat Tracker. The Combat Tracker is unlikely to get to round 600 or whatever it is to get to 1 hour.

Then why include the hours and days durations if it isn't going to track them? I need some way to track when my players travel for an hour after one encounter, then have another, with some spells like mage armor potentially still running. Right now, the only thing I can do is short rest 12 times, a bit on the tedious side.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyhunt View Post
    Then why include the hours and days durations if it isn't going to track them? I need some way to track when my players travel for an hour after one encounter, then have another, with some spells like mage armor potentially still running. Right now, the only thing I can do is short rest 12 times, a bit on the tedious side.
    How do you propose to track them?
    How do you track them with pen and paper?
    Effects in their simplest form are there as visual reminders.

If you convert the hours into turns then the CT will track them. If you need then to fast forward a time period right click over the curly arrow to the right of the number at the bottom of the CT and select a number of turns to add.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

but the most you can advance the combat tracker is by 20 rounds, or 50 rounds (5mins) with a short rest.

Is there anything in the pipeline to increase this so we can advance rounds by an hour (600 rounds)? 10 minutes (100 rounds)?
    Ultimate License
    FG Server: brawny ogre firm gate

Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Teamspeak Password: Dungeoneers

Discord: Lord Kavos (UTC+10)#6088

No plans at this point. The current combat tracker and effects are not really designed for long-term time tracking. It would probably need to be developed as a custom mod.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information