FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Alternative Wood and Dungeon Themes and others

Now that we have a CoreRPG forum, I've attached below four alternative versions of the Dungeon and Wood themes. The Wood alternative themes change the tokens to circles from squares and size the tokens to either 32 or 50 pixels. The Dungeon theme changes the tokens from circles to squares and resizes the tokens to 32 or 50 pixels. The alternative themes *should* work in rulesets using the CoreRPG ruleset as a base but currently they are only set to appear with CoreRPG, 5E, 4E, 3.5 and Pathfinder.

Edit: 8/14/15 Updated Wood and Dungeon Themes and added WIP Toadstone. Fixed tab glitch in Wood Themes and made all themes useable in Castle and Crusades and Call of Cthulu rulesets.
    Last edited by Griogre; August 14th, 2015 at 20:39.

Hmm, not sure why the Wood 50 pixel didn't go up. Take two.

Edit: New version in first post.
    Last edited by Griogre; November 30th, 2014 at 19:47.

i am going to try them now then i will leave feedback thank you.

i have tried all of them but did not see any difference between original one and yours.
    Thanks again for sharing with us.

The differences are small, the original wood theme has square character portraits in the top left and 50 pixel tokens. The alternative themes use ring tokens of 50 pixels or 32 pixels. So the changes are on the main tab of the character sheet, top left of the FG desktop when a character is logged in and when a token is dropped from the combat tracker onto a map. The dungeon theme changes are similar. The original one has round tokens and portraits and the alternate ones have square ones. The original dungeon tokens are 30 pixels and the themes are 32 or 50.

If you use auto scaling you probably would not see much difference other than the change from square to round portraits and tokens and vice versa. I had to turn off autoscaling so the actual token size is important to me.

Edit: Basically, the alternatives and originals give a choice of round or square tokens and portaits.
    Last edited by Griogre; January 28th, 2014 at 08:44.

Uploaded new versions compatible with D&D 5E and changed the file names and version numbers. There are no other changes. Let me know if you have any problems.

Blog Entries
    Loosely related question: I am currently building a theme for the SW All for One (Musketeer RPG) setting and Ikael pointed out that I should rather base it on the CoreRPG base. Where do I start from - is there a generic extension for me to copy and modify?

I have been scouring the Wiki and the forum, but up to now I haven't been able to score any really meaningful hits :{.

If you're just a after a template grab one of my Extensions (the Weather Extensions the simplest/smallest) and use it, or grab the Existing Wood Theam Extension and use that - both are CoreRPG based.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    If you're just a after a template grab one of my Extensions (the Weather Extensions the simplest/smallest) and use it, or grab the Existing Wood Theam Extension and use that - both are CoreRPG based.

Cheers
    I can do that, thanks for the quick answer - but shouldn't I be able to extract the same sets from the CoreRPG files (not at my home PC atm)?

Quote Originally Posted by AstaSyneri View Post
    I can do that, thanks for the quick answer - but shouldn't I be able to extract the same sets from the CoreRPG files (not at my home PC atm)?
    If I understand the question correctly, the answer is: No - the whole idea of an extension is that it modifies/replaces existing files in the parent ruleset and adds new ones (most of the Weather extension, for example is new stuff). What you need for a theme extension is the basics of how to do an extension (I'm assuming you've got this), plus the new graphics, plus the entries in various files to tell FG to use the new graphics instead of the old ones - which is why I also said grab the existing Wood Theme (for eg) and simple modify it.

Or have I missed the point?
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz