FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

New Update Core Ruleset

The item identification is not working for me. Is this happening with others? i drag the item to PCs inventory and its identified. I pull up the item popup and hit the ID so it is the red circle and slash and nothing happens. it stays identified.

Items are identified by default, unless you previously used the item identification feature and the item was unidentified at that time.

I just tried these scenarios:
    1. Drag module item from campaign item list to PC inventory - Correctly uses default of identified.
    2. Drag identified item from campaign item list to PC inventory - Correctly sets item in PC inventory as identified.
    3. Drag unidentified item from campaign item list to PC inventory - Correctly sets item in PC inventory as unidentified.

Can you provide more information on the steps where it is not behaving correctly? Are you running any extensions? (If so, try again after disabling.)

Thanks,
    JPG

I am currently running a game so can't disable extensions. But scenario 3 does not work for me. Everything shows up identified and wont go to unidentified. Was previously unidentified and shows up identified when I drag it to PCs inventory. Is there a way to mark it as unidentified before dragging it to their inventory? I pull up the item and there is no ID in the top right until I drag it to their inventory and once I do even if I click it, it doesn't change from identified to unidentified.

Ok I quit FG and opened it back up and it seems to be working now

If you are running extensions, I would guess that one of them is interfering with the new item identification framework.

We always recommend not updating just before a game, and to disable extensions until you can verify that they have been verified for compatibility with the latest version.

Regards,
    JPG

Yeah its worked fine in the past but it seems more was changed this time. Just scatter brained at the moment and didn't think it would hurt. Thanks for the help though.

Different portions of base ruleset get changed with each release; so it’s bound to happen eventually. It’s the main drawback of allowing modding; but the pros outweigh the cons.

Thanks for letting us know.

Regards,
    JPG

Unfortunately little info from me as of now, I just updated thinking had a game tomorrow and chose "yes" on cache thing.

When selected the character manipulation(?name) option for existing campaigns, I got the following message for both C&C and 5E campaigns I tried.

Did no troubleshooting, need to get off to prepare for trip on Thurs. Figured post in case no one had tried or seen this:

FG-ERASE.JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    Unfortunately little info from me as of now, I just updated thinking had a game tomorrow and chose "yes" on cache thing.

When selected the character manipulation(?name) option for existing campaigns, I got the following message for both C&C and 5E campaigns I tried.

Did no troubleshooting, need to get off to prepare for trip on Thurs. Figured post in case no one had tried or seen this:

FG-ERASE.JPG
    Do you have any unpacked rulesets?

I’m no longer on PC, on phone as I prepped to do dishes. I slacked and have tons of stuff to do before my trip.

Yup, it IS possible that I have core unpacked. It’s not certain, this was my “play pc” now the Linux desktop I usually code on (been couple weeks, major replatforming at work so any coding been doing is for work even at home) as far as I recall only the Linux and Macbook have expanded pak and modules. This was Windows PC

But... can’t rule it out until tomorrow. If I go back to den, I’m liable to get distracted so will not be abl to ch can right now. I was able to load an existing 5e campaign I created for testing some module. Not that I used it, just loaded it.

Thread Information