5E Character Create Playlist

2nd edition dnd monsters conversion to 3.5...

How does one get the attack bonuses for the monsters? ive searched everywhere even got the conversion book...its so very vague on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kefrem View Post
    How does one get the attack bonuses for the monsters? ive searched everywhere even got the conversion book...its so very vague on it.
    AD&D 2e (and 1e sorta) uses THACO. To get the BAB of a creature in AD&D simply 20-THACO=BaB. So if THACO is 15 it would be 20-15=5 bab.

To get the Ascending from Descending AC: 20-DescendingAC=AscendingAC
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Which conversion book you are referring to?

To calculate only the Attack Bonus you need to take into account the creature's Type, Size, Str/Dex, feats and classes (if any). Those parameters are quite important, as in 3.5 we have different progression of the base attack bonus, saving throws, skills and etc. Adding classes to the base creature (which is determined by its HD how tough it is in its natural form) is another extra complexity, which can make things hairy. Monster Manual 3.5 has Chapter 4 and 5 dedicated to this.

Maybe you can see if your monsters aren't already moved in one of the many monster manual and codex books if we talk about WotC content.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Sadly its the dark sun compendiums...which I don't think they translated. At any rate thanks for the info.

Blog Entries
    Sadly its the dark sun compendiums...which I don't think they translated. At any rate thanks for the info.
    Dark sun was done for 3.5. It was a community conversion, but very well done and a big project by a bunch of people. I'm sure if you google it you should be able to find it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I found the sourcebook/guide but I still cant track down the monstrous compendiums...can anyone help?

Blog Entries
    I found the sourcebook/guide but I still cant track down the monstrous compendiums...can anyone help?
    https://athas.org/products?tag=Monstrous+Compendium
    I think the "Terrors of Athas" might be the 3.5 compendium, given the publish date. But it's not listed as to which version it is.

This was updated to 3.5, but not sure if it has any creatures in it. https://www.athas.org/products/ds3/documents/109

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information