Starfinder Playlist

Thread: Mac Issues

Mac Issues

I am having issues with getting Fantasy Grounds to run on my Mac. It had worked, but I had to get some hardware replaced on my computer and now I can no longer open the application.

I have tried directly installing the Mac version and when I try to open the app, I get an error message about X11 not being able to be opened. I downloaded the latest version of X11, but that did not solve the problem.

I have also tried following https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-(Recommended) as a guide, but when I get to the "Choose Setup Executable" step, I get the same X11 error, and another error saying that there are no executables found, even though I have the .exe on my computer.

Any help would be appreciated, and I would be happy to provide whatever more information I can.

Did you download the installer from the website? Just click on downloads from the menu and click Mac OS installation. The only thing you need will be that.

I downloaded both the Mac .dmg and the PC .exe (with wineskin) and both produced the same error eventually. The error I get is in the picture below.

Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 7.22.46 PM.png

I have downloaded, uninstalled and redownloaded about 5 times now, and keep getting the same error.

Do an Internet search for wineskin the application x11 cannot be opened - I could quickly find a number of possible solutions.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I followed the directions in this post, https://www.asianfoxdevelopments.com...arting-the-x11 the first one that came up on google.

Solution 1 returned the same X11 error message.

Solution 2 popped up the icon in the image below.

Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 8.01.18 PM.png

It lasted for about 5 seconds and then disappeared. Attempts to reopen FantasyGrounds after that produced nothing. I restarted my computer and would get the same icon, and nothing else.

Blog Entries
    There is an option in WINE to use the built-in graphics instead of X11. Try these steps:

1. Open your Applications folder and right-click (or control-click) the Fantasy Grounds.app file in Applications and choose "Show Package Contents"
    2. open Wineskin.app in the folder that opens.
    3. choose Advanced
    4. go to the Tools tab
    5. click Refresh Wrapper and let it run (DO NOT CLICK REBUILD WRAPPER!)
    6. click Test Run to see if Fantasy Grounds run.
    7. If the previous symptoms re-occur, do the following
    8. Go back to the Advanced screen and open Set Screen Options
    9. Choose "Use Mac Driver instead of X11" and click Done (or vice versa)
    10. Test again.

Thread Information