FG Spreadshirt Swag

Character sheet: Proficiency or Feat?

First sorry if this is not the right place for this question as honestly I'm not sure if its a 3.5E thing or a more code oriented thing but ya...

On the character sheet under the abilities tab we got both Feats and Proficiency BUT if you look at the list of 3.5E feats you got [Armor Proficiency]...I can drag and drop the link into the Feats on the character sheet but not on the Proficiency part of the character sheet so...what do I put in proficiency part? or do I just use the feats part for both feats and proficiency...sorry if none of this makes sense btw I already confused my self as well...

Welcome to the forums.

Background: The data in the abilities tab is pretty much for your information. There is little-to-no automation here. So, as the feat "Armor Proficiency" is a feat record, FG sees it as a feat and allows you to drag/drop to the Feats section. There is no automation that checks to see what the feat actually does - which in this case, is give you a proficiency.

Now, to address your actual issue - dragging the feat to the "Proficiency" list. I have just checked this in 3.5E v3.3.5A and it works for me - I can drag the Armor Proficiency feat from the feats data list to either the feat or proficiency section of the "Abilities" tab.

This functionality was added in v3.3.2 of the ruleset. See the patch notes here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...atchnotes.html

Specifically: "[PFRPG/3.5E] Class abilities, racial traits and feats can be dropped on any list in the PC Abilities tab."

So, it seems you are either running an old ruleset, or (more likely) an incompatible extension that is breaking this functionality. Check the versions of the rulesets reported in the chat window when loading the campaign - both CoreRPG and 3.5E should be v3.3.5A.

Also check that any extensions you are using are v3.3.5A compatible.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Now, to address your actual issue - dragging the feat to the "Proficiency" list. I have just checked this in 3.5E v3.3.5A and it works for me - I can drag the Armor Proficiency feat from the feats data list to either the feat or proficiency section of the "Abilities" tab.
    If I drag say Armor proficiency(light) into the feats section in the Abilities tab it makes a link to the feat but if I drag it into the Proficiency section it makes a link to a (page,box,square,etc) called Armor Proficiency(light) but the rest is blank aka it does not link the actual feat so I'm confused on what actually goes in the proficiency section of the Abilities tab.

I felt like this was a stupid question and did not think I would actually get a reply so thank you for your time.

Like I said, all of the data on the abilities tab is for information only. It doesn’t actually do anything. Proficiencies are basically a list of what you’re proficient in, nothing more. The actual proficiency itself is not a feat. The feat gives you the proficiency. So if you drag the feat to the proficiency list, it just shows the proficiency - which is the proficiency name.

In addition, the proficiency record in FG does not have the same fields and level of detail as the feat record does - it doesn’t need to. Which is another reason why, when you open the proficiency record, you don’t see the data from the feat that created the basic proficiency record.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I disagree, I think there are a few instances (or maybe just this one) where the feat does play a roll other then information. For double weapons it seems it checks to see if you have the feat Two-Weapon Fighting and applies the adjusted to hits if you do.

campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua
    line 378
    Code:
    	local bTwoWeaponFight = false;
    	if hasFeat(nodeChar, "Two-Weapon Fighting") then
    		bTwoWeaponFight = true;
    	end
    and then
    line 488
    Code:
    			if bTwoWeaponFight then
    				DB.setValue(nodeWeapon, "bonus", "number", nAtkBonus - 2);
    			else
    				DB.setValue(nodeWeapon, "bonus", "number", nAtkBonus - 4);
    			end
    and on line 1055 is the function
    Code:
    function hasFeat(nodeChar, sFeat)
    	if not sFeat then
    		return false;
    	end
    	local sLowerFeat = StringManager.trim(sFeat:lower());
    	for _,vNode in pairs(DB.getChildren(nodeChar, "featlist")) do
    		if StringManager.trim(DB.getValue(vNode, "name", ""):lower()) == sLowerFeat then
    			return true;
    		end
    	end
    	return false;
    end
    That function right there would make it easy to make extensions that deal with if a character has a feat or not.
    Last edited by mr900rr; July 21st, 2018 at 06:22.

Hey mr900rr, I think you posted this in the wrong thread if you are wondering why it is getting no traction
    Two roads diverged in the woods and I, I took the one less traveled, and that has made me hopelessly lost!

How do you figure? it directly applies to the discussion n the thread.
    was in response to this statement made above in the discussion.
    Background: The data in the abilities tab is pretty much for your information. There is little-to-no automation here.
    and this one
    Like I said, all of the data on the abilities tab is for information only. It doesn’t actually do anything
    Last edited by mr900rr; July 23rd, 2018 at 05:12.

Quote Originally Posted by mr900rr View Post
    I disagree, I think there are a few instances (or maybe just this one) where the feat does play a roll other then information.
    The key in my statement is "little-to-no automation". I specifically said "little", because I knew there were a few cases where there was automation, and I didn't have access to the ruleset at the time to check which ones they were. Hence why I didn't just say "no automation".

There are nearly 200 feats in just the Pathfinder Core rulebook, let alone all of the supplements. Looking at the FG ruleset, you are correct that this is the one feat (two weapon fighting) out of the many hundreds of feats in Pathfinder that has automation. Therefore, I would definitely refer to this as "little-to-no automation" in the ruleset as a whole. And so my the content and intent of my original post still applies - "The data in the abilities tab is pretty much for your information. There is little-to-no automation here."

Thread Information