DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Effect: Great Weapon Master

So I created an Effect for GWM, I apply it prior to the attack so it modifies my Attack -5, then adds 10 damage.

However, I'm not sure how to have it only add 10 damage on a hit.

Currently I have:

Target: Self
    Expend: Once per modifier
    DMG: 10;ATK:-5

The problem with expiring it after a roll or action is that it wipes the damage out before it can be applied, hence the once per modifier.

My other options as I see them:

• Create a separate weapon which incorporates GWM. This is slightly annoying because I'd have to create one per weapon.
    • Create two separate effects, one to hit, one for damage
    • Create an IF THEN effect <--- winner winner chicken dinner. (just not sure how to do that for this, will post if I figure it out.)

Basically for the last option I'd need to have an IFT:hit;DMG:10

just not sure what the "target was hit" condition would be
    Last edited by Gix; July 18th, 2018 at 03:48.

In a similar vein, is there a way to add an effect that detects a critical hit?

I'd love to apply the GWM effect, and then type: "DON'T FORGET YOUR EXTRA ATTACK" in chat.

Blog Entries
    There is no condition to check if you hit on an effect.
    Instead of expanding after once, have you tried expanding in one turn? Would stick around if you attacked as a reaction though, not sure if it should or not.

I would do the two effects myself, and add them to the hotbar, but up to you.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You can have the effect as ATK: -5;DMG: 10 and set it to once per modifier. The only issue is that if you miss with the attack the effect doesn’t go away. The best method to deal with GWM is to create a separate weapon line.

There isn’t a way to automate the bonus, but there is nothing stopping you creating an effect as a reminder.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Or you can create two effects under the entry. The first gives the -5 to attack, then if it hits you can apply the +10 damage. It would be kinda the similar to spells, where you first click the save, then click the damage.

Instead of two effects I opted to keep them combined and wipe the whole thing each time it's used.

The net effect? I still have to click it twice if I hit, but after any roll (attack or damage) it clears itself. One button to rule them all.

Thread Information