DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Ports Suddenly Blocked

Okay, so..

Saturday night (7/14/18) my friends got dropped from my port-forwarded programs and it affects FG as well as everything else, and now those ports are read as being closed.
    Static IP. Rebooted router, modem, and pc. IPv6 off. Windows network set to private. Windows 10 firewall and third party firewall allow exceptions. No malwarebytes. Port forwarding is done correctly. Called my ISP, they "don't support port forwarding questions", and the ports being used are not listed on ports they block. Heavily considering just using hamachi at this point.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Just to be clear; are you saying that you were running fine; that your players were connecting and you were running games for a while and then suddenly they can't connect?

If that is the case then the culprits are your internal IP address has changed and the port forwarding rule is pointing at the wrong location (I know you say you have a static IP but that doesn't always work); or your network has been reset to public rather than private (windows updates sometimes do this); or your Antivirus is the issue. You say that you have a third party firewall rule and a windows Defender rule. It isn't a great idea to have two firewalls; one should be more than sufficient and most decent AV software switches off Windows Defender. So I would choose one or the other and switch the other one off. Make sure also that Windows Defender doesn't have multiple rules for FG. If so delete them all, and if you are going to use Defender create a new one.

If you have never managed to have anyone connect then that's a different story, but I'll await to hear back from you before we launch into that.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes, it's that things were running fine; they connected but then were dropped about 3 to 5 minutes later. I've checked my IPv4 and my internal IP and neither have changed. My network is still private, and I've turned off one of the firewalls. No luck on the quick test with FG.

Blog Entries
    If they were connected for a few minutes and then dropped, your router/modem/firewall/anti-virus probably has flood protection enabled, and the transfer of all of your campaign resources to their client was detected as a flood, and therefore blocked.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

One other possibility is that you are sharing too much with your players. Try a new campaign with no extensions and nothing shared and see if they can connect. If they can have a good look at your campaign where the issue exists and unshare any modules that are not being used as well as any images that you no longer require and especially don't share any tokens. Once you've cleaned up the campaign and unshared as much as possible have your players nuke their cache before rejoining the campaign.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Im with LordEntrails on this one. The incoming traffic was seen as some sort of attack and blocked by security settings on software or router.

My money is on too much shared

Blog Entries
    Could be a combo, but those are certainly the things to look at (as if I were some kind of expert).
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information