DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Sudden connection issues?

I have only been playing for a few months so far but today I ran into an issue with connection (I cannot connect at all) I played a game just yesterday and now I cannot connect to the system at all.

Things I have checked so far
    -subscription is good
    -port forwarding is set 1802-1802
    -firewall is currently down
    -static IP set
    -Did a hard restart on pc and router

Is there something I am missing? I am new to computers but that is everything I could find to check online and still getting a failed connection.

Some things to check:

* Are you using any third party security, filtering or parental control software? If so, try turning it off and/or excluding FG. (MalwareBytes has been known offender for a few weeks, and they just pushed update to fix.)

* Make sure that your network on Windows is set to Private, not Public.

* You don't need port forwarding unless you are hosting a game. If you're just playing, don't worry about that. If you are hosting, then the most likely thing that happened is that the IP address assigned to your machine changed, and you need to update the port forwarding rule on the router.

Regards,
    JPG

That is the issue I am DMing a Hardcover game on Sunday I was trying to play in one today. I really appreciate those ideas and you are an amazing man, I shall look into those things in that order and see how it works!

Thank you very much, Moon! I set Malwarebytes to exclude FG and removed another third party software and everything is working great again!

Thread Information