STAR TREK 2d20

Mouse problems with Fantasy Grounds

Does anybody else have choppy mouse performance when using FG? Sometimes it lags and jumps around when I'm moving the mouse. Clicking on things is always a little inaccurate and it slows me down when navigating around. I have a Dell with i7 processor and 12G of RAM. Does it whether I have any other programs running or not. FG is the only application this happens with. I can run Photoshop and it moves perfectly smooth.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Nope, not me. Have you checked your mouse driver? I always suggest using the one from the mouse manufacturer (i.e. I use Logitech) and not the default Windows mouse driver.

I wonder if it's a graphics driver issue or Direct X too. We know their are Direct X issues at times so I'd be suspicious of that...

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I was having some mouse 'hitching' last month. Updating video drivers is what fixed it.

This sounds like the other jerky/laggy reports for Intel embedded graphics cards or certain video drivers. What graphics card are you using?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Nevermind…. it actually turned out to be the mouse. I don't know why it didn't do it with other applications but I replaced it with a standard USB mouse and the problem is gone. This was after upgrading drivers and everything. It was a pretty decent Logitech mouse so I don't know what the deal was. Anyway, working great now with the other mouse.

Thread Information