5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Is there an Extension that adds AC as a column?

Hey everyone,

I've been doing a lot of digging around in the forum to search - as I noticed that MoreCore has it available where Armor is a column in the combat tracker.

I am wondering if there is an extension that moves AC to column in the combat tracker as well for 5e?
    I run the game at the table IRL and it's pretty annoying having to click the sword to verify NPCs AC when my players announce their rolls. AC and HP are the two things I kept easily visible on paper before I started using FG.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi viviolay are the players throwing physical dice?
    Have you tried using the Manual Roll option in FG?
    Yea, the players roll physical dice. The manual roll option doesn't quite fit for my setup. The players info isn't entered into FG, so their attacks and all that isn't there. I just have a dummy char sheet for each with name, their max hp, and a picture of them. I track the NPC health by either altering wounds manually or dragging hotkeyed damage entries and using the modifier section to write in total damage (along with spellslots thanks to that awesome update, recharge, concentration checks, etc). It fits for the way I like to run except I can't see the AC without having to click the sword button for Npcs when the tracker has a PCs turn as the current turn.

I also use FG to display to scale maps on a big screen tv laid flat along with images of stuff for the game. They and I use physical minis on the tv.

The players don't use FG in any way beyond seeing the maps and tracker projected on my tv screen.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by viviolay View Post
    Yea, the players roll physical dice. The manual roll option doesn't quite fit for my setup. The players info isn't entered into FG, so their attacks and all that isn't there. I just have a dummy char sheet for each with name, their max hp, and a picture of them. I track the NPC health by either altering wounds manually or dragging hotkeyed damage entries and using the modifier section to write in total damage (along with spellslots thanks to that awesome update, recharge, concentration checks, etc). It fits for the way I like to run except I can't see the AC without having to click the sword button for Npcs when the tracker has a PCs turn as the current turn.

I also use FG to display to scale maps on a big screen tv laid flat along with images of stuff for the game. They and I use physical minis on the tv.

The players don't use FG in any way beyond seeing the maps and tracker projected on my tv screen.
    Its probably not that hard to code in AC - apart from the fact that the CT is already quite full.
    Combat Management is one of the biggest strengths of FG though.
    Things like knowing the monster has resistances or (in)vulnerabilities and modifying outcomes for you.

Its probably not that hard to code in AC - apart from the fact that the CT is already quite full.
    Combat Management is one of the biggest strengths of FG though.
    Things like knowing the monster has resistances or (in)vulnerabilities and modifying outcomes for you.
    Yea, I enjoy it for combat management. It also is nice to have any monster, table, and image readily available at my finger tips. (especially with the all fields searchable extension). I kinda use FG as an offline database for all my DnD stuff as well and to run prepared one-shots and modules.

I take it there's not one already out there that does the AC thing tho. How long d'yu think it would take me to learn how to do it if I start from scratch with no knowledge on extension creation? I have some time so can figure it out if pointed in the right direction I think

Blog Entries
    I just did it in a ruleset extract - not a standalone extension which it should be - and it took 14mins but I know where Im looking...

I just did it in a ruleset extract - not a standalone extension which it should be - and it took 14mins but I know where Im looking...
    Wow...lol yea that was quick- I also just realized you're the one who developed Morecore. Just saw in your signature, so that makes sense.

You can view the player's AC in the party sheet main tab.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by viviolay View Post
    Wow...lol yea that was quick- I also just realized you're the one who developed Morecore. Just saw in your signature, so that makes sense.
    In the end doing it in an extension and getting the formatting **right** took more like 2 hours.
    And my Internet has been down all evening so Im uploading via my phone...

Its quite possible this extension will require 3.3.6 (because thats what Im using and there are CT changes in 3.3.6) and its quite possible the final 3.3.6 might break it...
    Still - crack it open and explore and see how you go with it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

In the end doing it in an extension and getting the formatting **right** took more like 2 hours.
    And my Internet has been down all evening so Im uploading via my phone...

Its quite possible this extension will require 3.3.6 (because thats what Im using and there are CT changes in 3.3.6) and its quite possible the final 3.3.6 might break it...
    Still - crack it open and explore and see how you go with it.
    I updated to 3.3.6 and gave it a whirl and it's perfect.
    Thank you for taking your personal time to do this - it's gonna make running at the table easier for me and I'm very appreciative (especially since I have a convention coming up and will be running many games back to back). The color of it being blue is also cool cause it makes it easier to visually differentiate from everything else.

Thank you

Thread Information