DICE PACKS BUNDLE

FG crasgubg ib start uo

FG keeps crashing on start up. I've removed all extensions from games for Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Savage Worlds and still had it happen. It goes to the splash screen and then shuts down before loading in campaign. Even did it with a brand new campaign with no extensions.

I can get maybe 1 in 10 tries to load in properly.

wow did I garble that thread title or what?

Blog Entries
    Turn off Malwarebytes and test.
    You may need to make some exceptions in Malwarebytes.

And yes... you really messed up that title.

Blog Entries
    If MWB is not the culprit, can you watch your process size and see at what memory usage fantasygrounds.exe is at when it crashes?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I don't have/use Malwarebytes. The file size jumps up past 900 mb before it crashes. (sse 983 and 914 so far in 2 tests)

EDIT: I do have Norton, and that may be messing with it, so I'll check that out.
    Last edited by DMReckless; July 12th, 2018 at 04:51.

Blog Entries
    How large is your token/hosts folder?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

@DMReckless - what operating system are you running on? I assume Windows 64-bit, but let us know if not.

Can you try creating a brand new CoreRPG campaign, no extensions and trying that? I'm assuming FG will probably shutdown as before, but wanted to check. After this, go to the FG app data directory and copy/paste the contents of the console.log file here.

Other things to check:
    1) Are you using multiple monitors/monitor displaying software? Recently there have been reports of some clashes.
    2) Download the installer from the the home page of this site and re-run it.
    3) Does the Window Event Viewer -> Application log show any specific information about FG closing? Info on checking this log here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...exchg.65).aspx
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I am using Windows.

This is the console file info:
    Quote Originally Posted by console
    [15.07.2018 14:51:16] Runtime Notice: Initializing DirectX
    [15.07.2018 14:51:16] Runtime Notice: Initializing COM
    [15.07.2018 14:51:20] Runtime Notice: Fantasy Grounds starting
    [15.07.2018 14:51:39] Runtime Notice: Refreshing alias
    [15.07.2018 14:51:40] Runtime Notice: Alias refresh result = Success
    [15.07.2018 14:51:40] Runtime Notice: Daily session backup created.
    [15.07.2018 14:51:40] Runtime Notice: Host session started
    I sometimes use multiple displays, but not during these issues.
    Reran the installer a day or two ago, still having the shut-down.
    I didn't see anything in the event viewer that mention the FG app.

My token folder is huge(198 mb), but not with shared, just host. I could reduce and see if that helps.

Report: reducing the token set to about 24 mb seems to have done the trick... opened 3 campaigns that crashed 9/10 times on loading before, each one loaded.

Thread Information