DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Lots of script errors since 3.3.5 patch

Hello,
    I have the ultimate program purchased and DM a group of old friends from around the country. I am not a programmer and we only play twice a month so I am not very savvy on this program just fyi. Since downloading 3.3.5, i am getting frequent script errors. I get these when i boot up:

Script Error: [string"scripts/manager_targeting.lua"]: 10: attempt to call field 'setCustomDeleteCombatantHandler' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string"scripts/manager_token.lua"]: 20: attempt to call field 'setCustomDeleteCombatantHandler' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string"scripts/manager_token.lua"]: 707: attempt to call field 'addCombatantFieldChangeHandler' (a nil value)

When I open the combat tracker i get those 3 above plus this error 2 times:

Script Error: [string"scripts/manager_actor.lua"]: 41: attempt to concatenate field 'CT_MAIN_PATH' (a nil value)

I may get some more errors when I open a map. I know that I get errors when we trying to target models on the map or by dragging our attacks to the tokens of our targets. Sometimes it works if you click on the targets in the combat tracker, but not always. I have been forced to regulate this program to just showing maps, images and using it as a dice rolling app. Kinda sad really. I appreciate some help. Thank you. Oh and I read a post about making sure we have the 3.3.5 ultimate patch and I do have that, so that isnt the problem. I also unloaded (by clicking unload) all of the modules, closed the program, restarted the program and still had the errors.

What ruleset are you using? Are you using any extensions? If so you should disable them all and slowly re-add them back and figure out which is causing the problem.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Indeed. This is all being caused by one or more extensions. Since 3.3.5 has been out now for some time I would anticipate that you are using older versions of the extensions and would suggest you check the forum pages for those extensions to get the latest versions.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Yep - 3.3.5 has been out and stable for several months.
    It may be extensions or i may be an unpacked copy of CoreRPG or 5E in your rulesets folder.

Check everything mentioned above. For more details, see this Sticky thread regarding errors after updating: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ipt-errors-etc
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you everyone. I only had a few extensions, but it appears that an enhanced image extension seemed to be the problem. I am figuratively an infant using this program. Zoolander-esk if you will. I have a game tonight so we will see how it works out. I'm not even sure what i am using these extensions for nor do I know if I really need to update the one that wasnt working. Eh..

Thank you again and hopefully it all works well tonight.

Ah.... you've fallen into the "use everything" trap that a lot of people new to FG encounter!

While you are finding your way with FG and getting more experience with the application and using it in your game, I would strongly recommend you don’t use any extensions - unless you really, really, really need them! And then, if you do need them, use only one or two. Extensions can clash, cause issues, need to be updated, etc..

Get used to FG first - have smoother sessions, less time spent checking on extensions and less chances of issues. Then, further down the line, if there’s a compatible extension that gives you something you really want, look into using it. And then don’t forget to keep checking that extension's thread for any known issues or updates!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information