DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    I see... there is no other way i can save the changes on a spell description without losnig it on updates? And without having duplicates? I thought that could be done rather easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanun View Post
    I see... there is no other way i can save the changes on a spell description without losnig it on updates? And without having duplicates? I thought that could be done rather easy.
    Make your own module from the copied and modified spells.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I think its kinda "advanced" for me, ive been only editing things so my players can understand, most dont speak english.
    I have no idea how i could use only the copies to create a totaly separeted module tbh

It's really straightforward.

1) Make a new campaign, call it "Spell module making" or something like that.
    2) Make copies of the base spells you want to modify.
    3) Modify the copied spells within the campaign.
    4) Export the spells from the campaign to a module: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...#Module_Export
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Let me see if i undersand...

I load the module of the spells i want... create copies... edit the copies, then i unload the main module, and export the entire campaign?

Yes.

And don’t call the new module exactly the same as any published modules.

But will it export only the spells tho, or all that my campaign has?

The name this is for copyright or any other reason?

Blog Entries

Check out the link above, you can chose what you export. You can choose to export all campaign spells, or you can even drag and drop individual spells to the export window and only export those. Same with everything else.

You can also check out the link in my signature for advice on other types of exporting best practices.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You just need to select spells if all you want to export are the spells. The reason not to name the module the same as the official module is that it will take precedence over the official module in every campaign so you won't be able to access the original module.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information