STAR TREK 2d20
Page 7 of 11 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Makarion View Post
    I'd love to add my name to the list of "interested and willing to contribute" list for Shadowrun 5th, as well as SR 3rd. I'm rather non-technical, though, being of the "handwaving makes the world go 'round" persuasion. Still, maybe we can get stuff done.
    unfortunately - at this time - ianmward and I are not working on SR5. if you want to take up the project - go for it!

I'd like to get Open Legend RPG setup for FG. I was hoping that I could setup some time that you may be able to help me along with getting going on this. I see that some things necessary for the game are here already with MoreCore such as exploding dice and I think I could muddle it out myself if necessary, but with help I could probably get it done faster. And of course I'd be willing to share the finished product with the community.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tabletopdad View Post
    I'd like to get Open Legend RPG setup for FG. I was hoping that I could setup some time that you may be able to help me along with getting going on this. I see that some things necessary for the game are here already with MoreCore such as exploding dice and I think I could muddle it out myself if necessary, but with help I could probably get it done faster. And of course I'd be willing to share the finished product with the community.
    Welcome tabletopdad

Send me your email address via PM and post FG Con Ill get in touch with you and we will work out a time.

Hello Damned. Sorry for my bad english
    I am trying to make work with MoreCore to implement my homebrew RPG system. I am GM from 1987 and my group (and few other groups) are simply used to my system for veeeeeeeery long time .
    Yes, I have ultimate licence FG for 4 years now, but I was not able to implement my ruleset to be able use FG . So We are using google sheets where I am able easily script via javascript what I need.

But FG offers very nice visual presentation, If I solve some issues I have with FG.

First issue is absolute lack of support for ISO 8859-2 in FG. I found extension which "repairs" chat and notes - but hit the wall with head when I am trying use tables or even make own extension like calendar. (result is: The date is ÄŚtvrtek, 4th KlĂ*ÄŤenĂ*, 2025 II - so gibberish instead of čtvrtek, 4th květen, 2025). Cant be probably solved with MoreCORE.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Second issue is implementation of dice roll system. I think it could be easy solved with help from someone from MoreCORE team. In my RPG system, called Kilitar, I have 2 dice pools. Every throw inside my system using same dice mechanic.
    Good Dices: 5D10 exploding on each 10 repeatedly (chat icons are green dices)
    Bad Dices: 5D10 exploding on each 10 repeatedly (chat icons are red dices)

+GoodModifiers adds dice to Good Dices pool
    -BadModifiers adds dice to Bad Dices pool

All skill throws, hits etc are made same way.
    You have basic skill value (varies from 0-100) - for example "swimming 40". You have medium leg injury, iron breastplate - so GM decide add +2 "bad dices" to bad dice pool, but your druid casts "Dolphin spell" which adds +3 "good dices" to swimming. Because water is calm and not too cold, he sets target number (difficulty to 30).
    Final skill throw against consist from:

40 (PC swimming) + 8D10 (good dices: 5base+3dolphin, exploding on 10s) - 7D10 (bad dices: 5base+1breast plate+1injury, exploding on 10s) vs 30.

Because target difficulty is 30 result of ( 40 + /edie 8D10e - /edie 7D10e ) might be:
    -20 or less (epic fail = result is 50 or more lower than difficulty)
    10 to -19 (great fail = result is between 20 to 49 lower than difficulty)
    29 to 9 (fail = result is between 1 to19 lower than difficulty but not more than)
    30 (stalemate = result is same as difficulty, the throw for luck atribute must determine if it is fail or succsess)
    31-49 (succsess)
    50-79 (great succsess=20 to 49 above difficulty)
    80 or more (epic succsess=50 or more above difficulty)

I was able edit "d10010" with simple script return result*-1; and then use /die 5d20010+5d10010
    die.JPG

But I am not able:
    1) use same logic for /edie or /explode as /edie ignores second (bad-red) dice pool. And /explode explodes only first (good-green) dice pool and second bad red pool works like normal 5d10.
    2) I also dont know, how implement such my rolls into morecore sheet, neither to tables/spells/rolls. (well to be exact I dont understand how I can roll anything I define inside "rolls" on right side bar anywhere else than from MoreCORE character sheet, I cant roll it directly from that "roll" tab?
    Blue roll works(from sheet), red does not (directly from roll table).
    roll.JPG
    Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by Kilitar; October 29th, 2018 at 20:29.

You are in luck on the languages, look here.

Somebody else will have to answer the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    You are in luck on the languages, look here.
    Somebody else will have to answer the rest.
    Yep Nylanfs, that is what I am using, working nicely in chat window and in notes/story. Does not work for tables or calendar inside MoreCORE ruleset. I wrote PM 2days back to MarianDz as his native language is almost the same like mine, but he did not respond yet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilitar View Post
    Hello Damned. Sorry for my bad english
    I am trying to make work with MoreCore to implement my homebrew RPG system. I am GM from 1987 and my group (and few other groups) are simply used to my system for veeeeeeeery long time .
    Yes, I have ultimate licence FG for 4 years now, but I was not able to implement my ruleset to be able use FG . So We are using google sheets where I am able easily script via javascript what I need.

But FG offers very nice visual presentation, If I solve some issues I have with FG.

First issue is absolute lack of support for ISO 8859-2 in FG. I found extension which "repairs" chat and notes - but hit the wall with head when I am trying use tables or even make own extension like calendar. (result is: The date is ÄŚtvrtek, 4th KlĂ*ÄŤenĂ*, 2025 II - so gibberish instead of čtvrtek, 4th květen, 2025). Cant be probably solved with MoreCORE.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Second issue is implementation of dice roll system. I think it could be easy solved with help from someone from MoreCORE team. In my RPG system, called Kilitar, I have 2 dice pools. Every throw inside my system using same dice mechanic.
    Good Dices: 5D10 exploding on each 10 repeatedly (chat icons are green dices)
    Bad Dices: 5D10 exploding on each 10 repeatedly (chat icons are red dices)

+GoodModifiers adds dice to Good Dices pool
    -BadModifiers adds dice to Bad Dices pool

All skill throws, hits etc are made same way.
    You have basic skill value (varies from 0-100) - for example "swimming 40". You have medium leg injury, iron breastplate - so GM decide add +2 "bad dices" to bad dice pool, but your druid casts "Dolphin spell" which adds +3 "good dices" to swimming. Because water is calm and not too cold, he sets target number (difficulty to 30).
    Final skill throw against consist from:

40 (PC swimming) + 8D10 (good dices: 5base+3dolphin, exploding on 10s) - 7D10 (bad dices: 5base+1breast plate+1injury, exploding on 10s) vs 30.

Because target difficulty is 30 result of ( 40 + /edie 8D10e - /edie 7D10e ) might be:
    -20 or less (epic fail = result is 50 or more lower than difficulty)
    10 to -19 (great fail = result is between 20 to 49 lower than difficulty)
    29 to 9 (fail = result is between 1 to19 lower than difficulty but not more than)
    30 (stalemate = result is same as difficulty, the throw for luck atribute must determine if it is fail or succsess)
    31-49 (succsess)
    50-79 (great succsess=20 to 49 above difficulty)
    80 or more (epic succsess=50 or more above difficulty)

I was able edit "d10010" with simple script return result*-1; and then use /die 5d20010+5d10010
    die.JPG

But I am not able:
    1) use same logic for /edie or /explode as /edie ignores second (bad-red) dice pool. And /explode explodes only first (good-green) dice pool and second bad red pool works like normal 5d10.
    2) I also dont know, how implement such my rolls into morecore sheet, neither to tables/spells/rolls. (well to be exact I dont understand how I can roll anything I define inside "rolls" on right side bar anywhere else than from MoreCORE character sheet, I cant roll it directly from that "roll" tab?
    Blue roll works(from sheet), red does not (directly from roll table).
    roll.JPG
    Thank you for your time.
    Hi Kilitar

Same thing goes - if I write you a roller for this you will need to share at the very least completed character sheets - but preferably enough info so that others can play your system too...

Can you please share with me your -d10 code too.

Can you clarify - are all modifiers dice? Or are some numeric?

If your difficulty is floating/variable I cannot really code that in a way that makes sense.

Hello Damned.
    Same thing goes - if I write you a roller for this you will need to share at the very least completed character sheets - but preferably enough info so that others can play your system too...
    Working on it in my native language, but I can translate it into "common language" .

Can you please share with me your -d10 code too.
    Good Dice
    <customdie name="gd10">
    <model>d10</model>
    <icon>d10gicon</icon>
    <menuicon>d10gicon</menuicon>
    </customdie>
    Bad Dice
    <customdie name="bd10">
    <model>d10</model>
    <icon>d10ricon</icon>
    <menuicon>d10ricon</menuicon>
    <script>
    function onValue(result)
    return result*-1;
    end
    </script>
    </customdie>
    unfortunatelly, they are not recognized in chat (like /die 5bd10 do not work). Dunno why.

Can you clarify - are all modifiers dice? Or are some numeric?
    Standard amount is 5d10(good) - 5d10(bad)
    Yep, all modifiers are allwayz dices. The problem is there are 2 separate modifier groups. Good pool modifier - which allwayz add dice(s) to good pool. Bad pool modifier - which allwayz add dice(s) to bad pool.

If your difficulty is floating/variable I cannot really code that in a way that makes sense.
    Target difficulty is variable and it is set by GM based on circumstances. but also "skill value is added as static number into evaluation"

But - I see way which it might be done - using bit different approach (unfortunatelly probably not with my own programming skill)
    Let me show you.

example.JPG
    On example,
    1. I used modifier to store static value (not dices) - which in fact is value of player character swimming skill.
    2. In pool I added "default pools" consisted from good 5d10 and bad 5d10 . After I added good 3d10 as bonus for doplhin spell, and bad 2d10 as malus for injury(1d10) and breastplate(1d10).
    The problem I have is - dices do not explode this way, but rest works as I need.

Possible "simplest" solution is:
    (static number 30 = value of player skill from 0-100) + /explode #gd10 + /explode #bd10

So dice mechanic which explode on 2 dice groups both.
    If I use MoreCore dice string
    /explode 30+5gd10+5bd10 then only 5gd10 explode but bad dices are rolled default FG way.

Nice solution would be define somehow "when gd10 or bd10 are used, they allwayz explode" but I did not found way to do it within gameelements.xml

Neither I was able to made my custom dices to work in chat using /die 5bd10 as FG does not recognize them. But from custom dice radial menu or quickbar they works.

I hope you understand what I mean.
    Last edited by Kilitar; October 30th, 2018 at 13:33.

Blog Entries
    Im pretty sure if you rename your dice from gd10 and bd10 to d1010 and d1110 they will work. I think dice can only have numbers in the name (plus the 'd').

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Im pretty sure if you rename your dice from gd10 and bd10 to d1010 and d1110 they will work. I think dice can only have numbers in the name (plus the 'd').
    Yep, renaming them to d101 and d102 did the trick.

I also made my dices "rerolled" automatically inside gameelements.xml . Anyway, lua "pseudorandom generator" is terrible one, so my current solution might be laggy due 1 second loop for every "explode" reroll to achieve true random number. Red part is laggy one, but I did not found better way for "random" which do not repeat same number over and over again.
    Code:
    <customdie name="d102">
      <model>d10</model>
      <icon>d10ricon</icon>
      <menuicon>d10ricon</menuicon>
      <script>
    	function onValue(result)				
      	  local roll = result;				
    	  local total = 0;										
    	  local time = os.time();
    	  math.randomseed(time);
    	  while( roll == 10 )
    	    do
    	    while( time == os.time())
    	       do
    		 roll = math.random(1,10);
    		 end
    	       roll = math.random(1,10);						
    	       total = total + roll;						
    	     end				
    	  result = result + total;
    	  return result*-1;			  
    	end
      </script>
    </customdie>

Native MoreCore support for /explode #D101 + /explode #D102 would be cleaner solution.
    something like:
    /explodeall - explodes each dice inside formula - which might be of use for multiple systems
    example: /explodeall 5d10 + 2d20 + 3d6 would result in explode for every group inside box.

or is there a way to put more complex formula inside "dice string" textbox?

Thread Information