DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: modules

modules

I have recently acquired a copy of FG2 and the savage worlds core module. I am looking at possibly picking up a couple more savage worlds modules while they are on sale and was wondering which were worth the price of admission? I thought about looking at Last Parsec, but it doesn't seem like there's enough info in the core book to warrant a $15 savage worlds module. I would guess that the sci fi companion would be good, but I'd like to get some other opinions before making a move. Which of the 5 last parsec modules would you recommend?

The Last Parsec is nicely designed by PEG. All you need is Science Fiction Companion and then you can pick any of the products separately.

The Last Parsec Core is not required, unlike it name might state, it gives general information about the universe and provide adventure generator etc. So you could design own adventures.

Eris Beta-V, Leviathan and Scientorium are separate setting books. Each focus giving detailed description of planets around their location, new set of gear, abilities and bestiary. Plus each provide Savage Tales (independent adventures) and Plot point campaign.

I would recommend to start with Eris Beta-V because it is just $5 (without sale) but it is as featured as any other related product (100 page product like others). The price is low because it was first of the three setting books to gather attention. From there you can make further decisions on your own. My personal second favorite is Leviathan, who wouldn't want to gun down massive dinosaurs with high tech weapons.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

I think the Companion books are always useful (Sci-Fi, Horror & Super Powers) because they provide the underlying framework for anything in those kinds of genres. So even if you don't get any other settings books you have the core functionality and pieces-parts, so to speak, to bolster your own campaign in any of those genres. If you like Deadlands that particular setting has a few highly setting-specific settings for it that it is probably worth getting just for having a module that handles those things. Anything else I think is really a lot more dependent on what your gaming group likes to play.
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and grabbed the sci fi companion as well as Eris beta V and Levithan for Last Parsec.

TLP Core is nice for homebrew if you want to stick with the setting. Think of it more like a Sword Coast Adventure Guide. It has some great event, planet, etc generators for the settings though.

Thread Information