STAR TREK 2d20

Shield Other and Life Link

Is there any effects to handle abilities like these, where hit points are moved around? Or does everyone just need to edit their sheets themselves?

For life link, just make two effects, one a heal 5 and one a damage 5 to self. If you heal 3 people, then click the self damage 3 times.

The shield other is a little trickier. The best I can figure is that the GM will have to roll damage in the chat window instead of directly on the target. Then use the right click menu to halve the damage. Apply that to the target and the cleric with the shield other running. Half the time you will have to add 1 hp damage to the cleric for rounding odd numbers.

Yes, the damage redirection aspect of shield other can't be automated - I always just do that, as GM, myself. You can have an effect for the AC and saves bonuses, of course - and this acts as a reminder to reassign the damage.

Sorry for the noobs question (this is my first post)..

I've looked everywhere on how to create these effects and the only stuff I can find is 5E specific. Can someone please let me know (step by step preferred) how to create the effects for life link.

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forums, Dreadspectre.

While I can't give you a step by step, you can find the syntax for effects here

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...p/3.5E_Effects

I am still pretty noobish myself when it comes to effects
    Two roads diverged in the woods and I, I took the one less traveled, and that has made me hopelessly lost!

The effect would be "AC: 1 deflection; SAVE: 1 resistance".
    As noted by Callum above, the splitting of damage can not be automated, and will need to be handled by the GM.

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you for the info That said, I'm so noobish I have no idea where I place the text to create the effect (the provided link isn't clear and the User Guide is very 5E centric).

Thread Information