5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

registerExportNode options, include library links for reference?

Is it possible to set a <recordname>?????</recordname> when setting registerExportNode?

I've been experimenting with /export trying to see how close I could get the Story entries -> Reference manual like author and I've been able to export the reference portion but it's of no use if I can't insert an entry into the <library> links.

Something like this.
    Code:
    <id-00001>
     <librarylink type="windowreference">
     <class>reference_manual</class>
     <recordname>reference.refmanualindex</recordname>
     </librarylink>
     <name type="string">REF Manual</name>
    </id-00001>
    I'm hoping I'm just missing some variable option. It does create <library> entries for every other item exported (npc, items, spells/etc)

I've tried:
    Code:
    ExportManager.registerExportNode({ name = "_authorRefmanual", class = "reference_manual", label = "Reference Manual", export="reference"});
    And that does export the node in the db.xml file but it doesn't create a class link in the <library> section called "Reference Manual" so you can actually read it.

I've played with export="" and was able to rename "_authorRefManual" to "reference" but I can't seem to figure out what exportref actually does.

Please please tell me that I can do this if not PLEASE add this feature. Having an Export.addOnExport(function) that runs before the export would great also.
    Last edited by celestian; July 2nd, 2018 at 17:00.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Also, I should have mentioned... I am using 3.3.6 for this. It only adds the records to the mod->db.xml, not a <library> link entry.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I don't think that is possible or that it should be built-in exporters task to provide such feature. If you are doing something not-out-of-the-box you could implement own export feature that does exactly what you are looking for.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    I don't think that is possible or that it should be built-in exporters task to provide such feature. If you are doing something not-out-of-the-box you could implement own export feature that does exactly what you are looking for.
    No, you can't. You can't export images, or create a .mod compressed file with all the contents. The code already does what I am asking except for allowing 'reference_manual' class and writing the library link. 3.3.6 broke something, in 3.3.5 here is what happens.

3.3.5:
    Code:
    <entries>
    	<_authorRefmanual>
    			<class>reference_list</class>
    			<recordname>..</recordname>
    		</librarylink>
    		<name type="string">Reference Manual</name>
    		<recordtype type="string">_authorRefmanual</recordtype>
    	</_authorRefmanual>
    	<battle>
    <reference>
     <refmanualindex>
     </refmanualindex>
    </reference>
    3.3.6: (note the now missing <entries> for <_authorRefmanual>
    Code:
    <entries>

<battle>
    			<class>reference_list</class>
    			<recordname>..</recordname>
    		</librarylink>
    		<name type="string">Encounters</name>
    		<recordtype type="string">battle</recordtype>
    	</battle>
    <reference>
     <refmanualindex>
     </refmanualindex>
    </reference>
    Last edited by celestian; July 3rd, 2018 at 00:45.
    ---

You can implement own export functionality that uses Module.export function that does everything, includes all content and images as mod file. The built-in export feature uses the same function so there is no special limitation if you would implement your own version. SWEL was created with this feature in mind. Currently it is able to export complete production/store ready library mods that includes everything.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Blog Entries
    You can implement own export functionality that uses Module.export function that does everything, includes all content and images as mod file. The built-in export feature uses the same function so there is no special limitation if you would implement your own version. SWEL was created with this feature in mind. Currently it is able to export complete production/store ready library mods that includes everything.
    Hi Aki does SWEL still work on 3.3.6?
    3.3.6 doesnt export in the same format that 3.3.5 does.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi Aki does SWEL still work on 3.3.6?
    3.3.6 doesnt export in the same format that 3.3.5 does.
    It does. I haven't released the latest version yet but have already used it to re-produce several existing store products. SWEL does not rely on built-in /export feature. Instead it exports everything on ots own using FG API, this is what I recommend for celestian because it allows full control how you export compared to rely on feature that focuses on exporting record based content

Blog Entries
    It does. I haven't released the latest version yet but have already used it to re-produce several existing store products. SWEL does not rely on built-in /export feature. Instead it exports everything on ots own using FG API, this is what I recommend for celestian because it allows full control how you export compared to rely on feature that focuses on exporting record based content
    Great - thanks Ikael.

Thread Information