FG Spreadshirt Swag

Items - How to do immunity for certain # of points.

Greetings all,

Long-time FG user here who never really needed to work with making magic items. I've read quite a bit of the things I've found here but haven't found all the answers I need.

Brooch of Shielding - It's to give you 101 free points of damage vs Magic Missile. I think I saw a thread/post where JPG was going to need to allow an item to be immune to a spell. But this isn't complete immunity, it's immunity for a certain # of points. I'd be ok with knowing how to do this for 101 points of FORCE damage instead. Thoughts?

I'm especially interested in this answer as one of the mages created a similar item but for other types of energy as well.

Thanks in advance all. Have a great day!

Gary Whitten

This would have to be tracked manually, as it's a very specific feature. Most automation is applied to rules that are applied often.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    This would have to be tracked manually, as it's a very specific feature. Most automation is applied to rules that are applied often.

Regards,
    JPG
    JPG Thanks for the wicked fast answer. Not what I wanted to hear but what I expected.

Gary

just so you are aware Gary, a brooch of shielding does not protect you against force damage. it specifically protects against Magic Missiles, nothing else
    Two roads diverged in the woods and I, I took the one less traveled, and that has made me hopelessly lost!

Quote Originally Posted by Erin Righ View Post
    just so you are aware Gary, a brooch of shielding does not protect you against force damage. it specifically protects against Magic Missiles, nothing else
    Thank you but if you read my post carefully, you'll actually see I state precisely that.

Yeah, I saw that afterward, eyes read faster than the brain processed, sorry didn't mean to sound condescending
    Two roads diverged in the woods and I, I took the one less traveled, and that has made me hopelessly lost!

Thread Information