5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Manor generator worksheet

I created a worksheet in excel that generates a manor with a given number of acres. All you have to do is enter the number of acres and it creates the manor. I converted this into an xml 2003 file in Excel. Can I use this code to create a module that will work in Fantasy Grounds? If so can someone give me a starting point as to how?

Quote Originally Posted by kevdog45 View Post
    Can I use this code to create a module that will work in Fantasy Grounds? If so can someone give me a starting point as to how?
    You'll have to manually convert everything to FG XML and LUA. There is no way to automatically convert the spreadsheet interface or underlying Excel code to FG.

You'll need to construct a FG window and the put all the FG controls in to support the data your spreadsheet processed. Then write all of the LUA code to process that data. I'm guessing it won't be a simple task - with the GUI interface probably taking up a bunch of hours to create. There may also be a lot of LUA coding, depending on how many calculations your spreadsheet does.

Without seeing your spreadsheet I can't estimate how long this would take you to do. Many, many hours I'm guessing...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You'll have to manually convert everything to FG XML and LUA. There is no way to automatically convert the spreadsheet interface or underlying Excel code to FG.

You'll need to construct a FG window and the put all the FG controls in to support the data your spreadsheet processed. Then write all of the LUA code to process that data. I'm guessing it won't be a simple task - with the GUI interface probably taking up a bunch of hours to create. There may also be a lot of LUA coding, depending on how many calculations your spreadsheet does.

Without seeing your spreadsheet I can't estimate how long this would take you to do. Many, many hours I'm guessing...
    Then its a non-starter. I am not going to learn to code LUA when I could spend my time doing things I know how to do in Fantasy Grounds. Thanks for the response.

Blog Entries
    It depends. How complex are your formulas? I did my Dungeon Room Descriptions in Excel and then used Celestian's (?) Table importer extension to bring the tables into FG. Then I used the story templates to make FG story entries based on the random tables.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The spreadsheet will be up soon. I am at work now and cannot access it. The most complex formula in the sheet is probably randbetween and some other basic math problems. I don't think Celestian's tables can handle that? Thanks for replying, I appreciate it.

Blog Entries
    Celestian's Table imported simple allows you to cut and paste from Excel tables into FG tables (whole tables rather than one cell at a time). The FG tables won't know what to do with most (all?) formulas. You'll have to manage any formula type stuff within the limits of FG tables or story templates.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information