Starfinder Playlist

Dedicated 5E Sunday Group looking for someone to be the DM

Hello all,

We are a group of middle age players who have been playing together on FG since 2010. Our DM has had some computer issues (he knows who he is) so while we were chatting during our regular game session I thought it prudent to throw an invite out there to see if there is any interest in joining us. Ideally as a DM but perhaps as a player would work as well. Over the years everyone in the group has taken turns DMing.

The group is based in East Asia so our game time is SUNDAY 11AM GMT +9 which works out to 20:00 in Japan which is where Spoofer and I are based. Obviously if the time works for you then our local time is unimportant.

We use discord with headsets, ideally with push to talk.

There are a few basic rules mostly about not being a jerk and treating others how you want to be treated.

Its kind of an interesting situation as we are between DMs at the moment and none of us wants the responsibility of DMing going into the Summer which is mostly an off-season for us.

What I would like to know on your part is the basic stuff like, where you are, how long you have been playing and anything that you would like to add. As I said we have been playing together for some time now and are a friendly group so I think you would appreciate joining us.

Looking forward to hearing from ya'll
    Ultimate License Holder & FGU backer
    playing D&D since 1980

Currently GMing:
    *Opus Christini Traveller campaign

*Currently Playing
    *Currently Looking

I run a campaign in which all game sessions are at 7pm (GMT-5), which is 8am (GMT+9).
    My players get to choose Sun, Mon, Wed, Fri or Sat for their session in a 'bidding' style format.
    If 8am is workable, your group could participate and bid on Sundays.
    Checking out our group page is a great way to see what we are doing.

I am an ol' school, 1st edition fan.
    I am trying to recreate an experience that resembles the facination of old school D&D......Exploration, Interaction, Combat......
    and story-telling.

Players try to 'engineer' their character. For instance, they couldn't care less what their Background represented.
    They only care how it enhances whatever exploits are being created.
    I try to craft adventures around a story most of the time and encourage players to play a character
    that interests them instead of filling a role.

Having said that, what you play is up to you.

Ability Scores start with the standard Array.

In order to restrain the 5e power curve and suppress 'builders' (min/max) engineers, certain limitations are observed for our characters.

The only races we are using are Human, Elf, Half-Elf, Halfling, Gnome, Half-Orc and Dwarf.
    Races don't include Dragonborn nor Tyflings.
    Human will not include 'Variant'.

Classes are from PHB only. Warlock is not be used.
    Rules are PHB only with exception of certain DMG items.
    Feats and Multi-Classing are not used after 6th level.
    No other rulebooks are used.

Our Campaign is centered in the 'Border Kingdom', in the year 904 DR.
    This was done to operate in a basic adventuring environment.

West Marches style adaption.....
    The Campaign is long term, but 'party' is a relative term here.
    There are 11 active players in the 'Company' right now.
    PC's will form a 'Party' of from 4-5 characters in order to explore/resolve all or part of an Adventure during 1 'Game Session'.
    A Game session is a 3 hour block conducted any night of the week except Tues or Thursday, game time is always 7-10pm EST.
    (If all players and myself are present before the start time, gaming can begin)
    At the conclusion of the game session, the Party is expected to return to the main Town unless specific interest is expressed to remain at the location.
    Return trips are at the option of a new party, and for the purpose of forming a group for the same(or different) day of the week.

Parties that elect to remain are considered 'static' and can not join another party until they return to town.

Adventures are drawn from old AD&D sources and adapted to 5E.

This is a Player Participation Campaign and your enjoyment is a result of your participation.

It is very educational to visit the 'THAC0 Tavern' Group in the FG Forums and read the various Postings to get an idea
    of what we are about.

Thanks for the post, I appreciate the effort that went into the post
    Ultimate License Holder & FGU backer
    playing D&D since 1980

Currently GMing:
    *Opus Christini Traveller campaign

*Currently Playing
    *Currently Looking

Thread Information