5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Changing rulesets

I have read everything I can and it seems I can’t change anything on the character sheet. I make changes but I can’t see the changes. Is there a cache I need to clear when I load fantasy grounds so it rereads the files?

I am editing the v20 vtm ruleset. I unpacked it. Put the folder in the ruleset folder. Edited base.xml just to see if I could change the name that shows up, checks out I can change the name. Then I go into campaign/npccharsheet 1 there is a empty value setting. If the value is empty it types out new personality. I changed it to test, and it still fills in a empty value of new personality. I tried to change the main char sheet so that instead of name it says test. No change. Is there something I need to do to force it to read the new xml changes I am making?

It seems I must create a new campaign for the changes to take effect. literally 12 hrs to figure that out.....god I am dumb.

Druthlen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Druthlen View Post
    It seems I must create a new campaign for the changes to take effect. literally 12 hrs to figure that out.....god I am dumb.

Druthlen
    If you are editing something like:

<default>Name</default>

then that value is set when you first open that instance.
    changing the code wont set the new value next time you open that instance because it now has a value.
    the default value is only applied when there is no existing value

you should not need to open a new campaign - just reload (/reload) and spawn a new NPC or Character and the new default will apply
    if you are changing other values say Name to NAME then you just need to reload the campaign (/reload)

Thread Information