Starfinder Playlist

New Player looking for group!

Hello, I'm a new D&D player although not a new tabletop player. I used to play Vampire the Masquerade for many many years both as a player and as a DM. My D&D experience goes for about a month in 5th edition before my local group fell apart, and now I got this and am looking to get back into a dedicated group.

I'm fine with either a homebrew or official adventures and while I would prefer lengthy ongoing sessions, I am also open to doing shorter campaigns as well. All I need is just a little guidance while I pick up the nuances of the game.

As for what times, I'm pretty open with preferences to sessions that run for at least a few hours. Two or three-hour sessions just feel too short, like once you start getting the session's momentum going, its over. My own personal time is very flexabile as I work for myself and live in CST if that would be relevant to you guys.

I've already own the core rulebooks for 5th edition as well as 3.5 and am willing to pick up other materials as necessary for campaigns.

So if your group is looking for a new dedicated player, I'm very game! Looking forward to meeting/playing with my future group!
    Thanks!

I too am a new player and looking for a Group.

I'm 24
    EST time zone
    currently only working Fri-Sun
    Open4Play Mon-Thur
    I have 5E
    Fine with Homebrew or Official
    Also LF Lengthy Game sessions

If Pathfinder interests you, I have two spots open (party of six) for a Wednesday game:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ng-For-Players

I am an ol' school, 1st edition fan.
    I am trying to recreate an experience that resembles the facination of old school D&D......Exploration, Interaction, Combat......
    and story-telling.

Players try to 'engineer' their character. For instance, they couldn't care less what their Background represented.
    They only care how it enhances whatever exploits are being created.
    I try to craft adventures around a story most of the time and encourage players to play a character
    that interests them instead of filling a role.

Having said that, what you play is up to you.

Ability Scores start with the standard Array.

In order to restrain the 5e power curve and suppress 'builders' (min/max) engineers, certain limitations are observed for our characters.

The only races we are using are Human, Elf, Half-Elf, Halfling, Gnome, Half-Orc and Dwarf.
    Races don't include Dragonborn nor Tyflings.
    Human will not include 'Variant'.

Classes are from PHB only. Warlock is not be used.
    Rules are PHB only with exception of certain DMG items. ie, Feats
    Feats and Multi-Classing are not used after 6th level.
    No other rulebooks are used.

Our Campaign is centered in the 'Border Kingdom', in the year 904 DR.
    This was done to operate in a basic adventuring environment.

West Marches style adaption.....
    The Campaign is long term, but 'party' is a relative term here.
    There are 11 active players in the 'Company' right now.
    PC's will form a 'Party' of from 4-5 characters in order to explore/resolve all or part of an Adventure during 1 'Game Session'.
    A Game session is a 3 hour block conducted any night of the week except Tues or Thursday, game time is always 7-10pm EST.
    (If all players and myself are present before the start time, gaming can begin)
    At the conclusion of the game session, the Party is expected to return to the main Town unless specific interest is expressed to remain at the location.
    Return trips are at the option of a new party, and for the purpose of forming a group for the same(or different) day of the week.

Parties that elect to remain are considered 'static' and can not join another party until they return to town.

Adventures are drawn from old AD&D sources and adapted to 5E.

This is a Player Participation Campaign and your enjoyment is a result of your participation.

It is very educational to visit the 'THAC0 Tavern' Group in the FG Forums and read the various Postings to get an idea
    of what we are about.

Thread Information