DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Looking for one more for Deadlands - Sunday Nights, 5:00 EST

Hello,

I am looking for an additional player for a Deadlands Reloaded game that I've been running with an established group of great role-players. There are currently three players in the posse and we're looking to add a fourth. Players of ANY skill level with Fantasy Grounds, Savage Worlds and Deadlands Reloaded are welcome to apply. See below for details.

Game Details:

System: Savage Worlds, Deadlands Reloaded
    Session Times: Weekly, SUNDAYS, 5PM-9PM EST
    FG License: Standard License (or ultimate) required (I do not have an ultimate license)
    Game Type: 70/30 RP VS Combat - be prepared to play a character but also be prepared to be challenged by regular combat.
    Communication: This is a TEXT ONLY game. ALL game interactions and communication will be handled by in-client text chat only – this includes all player/DM interaction.

If you are interested in the game, reply here on the thread or by PM and I will get back to you shortly. Feel free to provide some information to me on your experience and the kind of game you are looking for. Questions are also certainly welcome.

Thanks for your interest!

- Moranthus

What's the deal with the text only games?
    Native Texan. Tabletop Gaming since 1977. Ultimate License holder. Life-long Trekkie. Traveller fanatic. Die-hard Savage. OSR enthusiast. 1930's Pulp aficionado.
    Currently Running:
    Cypher System: Shotguns, Sorcery & Shenanigans
    Currently Playing:
    Shadowdark: ShadowRim Excursion
    Savage Worlds: Hell Divers
    Ambition & Avarice: Maelstrom Island
    Time Zone: Central Daylight Time (GMT-5)

Quote Originally Posted by sirkerry View Post
    What's the deal with the text only games?
    Well, I have a physical disability (hearing loss) that prevents me from using voice chat... Also I find text only games to be more immersive - especially when running horror themed games like Deadlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Moranthus View Post
    Well, I have a physical disability (hearing loss) that prevents me from using voice chat... Also I find text only games to be more immersive - especially when running horror themed games like Deadlands.
    Ah. Never thought about that being more immersive.
    Native Texan. Tabletop Gaming since 1977. Ultimate License holder. Life-long Trekkie. Traveller fanatic. Die-hard Savage. OSR enthusiast. 1930's Pulp aficionado.
    Currently Running:
    Cypher System: Shotguns, Sorcery & Shenanigans
    Currently Playing:
    Shadowdark: ShadowRim Excursion
    Savage Worlds: Hell Divers
    Ambition & Avarice: Maelstrom Island
    Time Zone: Central Daylight Time (GMT-5)

Me and my players prefer text-only as well. We find it easier to do the roleplaying, since we can focus on what is being said rather than needing to have mad voice acting skills.
    Proud Ultimate License Holder
    Also have bought a lot of other 5E and other , incl. Savage Worlds, Mutants & Masterminds, and Pathfinder 2e
    Central Time Zone (living in the USA, although born on the eastern shores of Canada)
    Have Played All D&D Editions except for 3/3.5 (am familiar with those rules, tho)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkerry View Post
    Ah. Never thought about that being more immersive.
    It is more immersive. I used to use just text when I was running games in Neverwinter Nights and NWN2.

I still have flashbacks of typing at 55 wpm for 3+ hours and not keeping up to player demand... I'd not go back to that willingly. Exhausting it was....

But... for some it is a necessity.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I like sounds, and I like to do voices for my NPC's - to me typing in a game takes away my immersion as a player and GM - but, to each their own. Also, I really, really like sound effects.

Still, everyone is different and that's what makes gaming more fun and interesting.
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgain View Post
    I like sounds, and I like to do voices for my NPC's - to me typing in a game takes away my immersion as a player and GM - but, to each their own. Also, I really, really like sound effects.

Still, everyone is different and that's what makes gaming more fun and interesting.
    Absolutely - I didn't mean to sound like I was coming out against voice in games. In the end, whatever works for you works!

Quote Originally Posted by Moranthus View Post
    Absolutely - I didn't mean to sound like I was coming out against voice in games. In the end, whatever works for you works!
    I totally get you. I think it is great that everyone can enjoy our hobby. Heck I've even played with people who didn't understand English (tabletop at a Con). They knew the rules and caught on pretty fast to what was going on. That sort of difference is why I've enjoyed gaming since the 1970's and will keep gaming and having fun til I die. Anyways - hope you get your player list full!
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

Thread Information