FG Spreadshirt Swag

Can I buy on steam, then use without steam?

It's been implied in quite a few places but not directly stated that I can see. So I want to confirm it's fact and not a case of me seeing what I want to see.

With suspected Steam Summer Sales right around the corner, can I buy Fantasy Grounds on steam, then give Steam the middle finger and come use the tool directly from this website without the need for steam to play the middleman?

Note - Steam sales are usually replicated in the FG store.

To address your question - as long as you have synced your Steam account with your FG account (from the Store menu at the top,of the page) then the product will be downloaded outside of Steam. The Steam "version" of FG is just a stub that starts the normal version of FG, so you really won’t notice a difference.

The thing to keep in mind is if you’re interested in any of the bundles. You must purchase all products in the same store to be able to "complete the bundle" and get the relevant bundle discount.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

And note that unless you need to use Steam for Valve's regional pricing Smiteworks get a larger cut of the profit from their store. And every 6ish weeks or so Doug sends a list of the the game licenses purchased to Steam so eventually you'd have it there also. (Note the DLC is NOT synced though, just the main prog).

Blog Entries
    Yes, you can buy from either location. If you buy on Steam then you need to keep buying through Steam for bundles to be recognized. When you launch, it will automatically load Steam unless you launch from C:\program files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGrounds.exe directly. Discounts, bundles available and sales should always be matched between both places so the price should be the same unless you have a different regional pricing through Steam.

Updates will pick up stuff purchased from both locations. The process that syncs your Steam account with your FG username is what lets us know what stuff you've picked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Note - Steam sales are usually replicated in the FG store.

To address your question - as long as you have synced your Steam account with your FG account (from the Store menu at the top,of the page) then the product will be downloaded outside of Steam. The Steam "version" of FG is just a stub that starts the normal version of FG, so you really won’t notice a difference.

The thing to keep in mind is if you’re interested in any of the bundles. You must purchase all products in the same store to be able to "complete the bundle" and get the relevant bundle discount.
    That is the answer I was hoping for. I am also amused that the day I ask this question, it goes on sale here. Thank you.

Thread Information