DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Coding Devastating Critical

Is there a way to coding in checking for a critical hit? I am trying to code the Devastating Critical for the Brute archetype of the fighter. I tried IF: critical; DMG: [LVL], but that doesn't seem to work. I have looked at the effects wiki and don't see any syntax dealing with critical hits.
    Thanks for the help in advance.
    Last edited by Davinci522; June 19th, 2018 at 19:00.

You'd need to create an effect of DMG: [FIGHTER], critical. This would sit on the character and add in the Fighter's level to any critical damage. If the character isn't multiclassed then DMG: [LVL], critical will work.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    No. Just create a second damage string for the weapon so that when a crit is rolled you add the additional damage. You can also create an effect that the player can add after rolling a crit and before rolling damage.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    No. Just create a second damage string for the weapon so that when a crit is rolled you add the additional damage. You can also create an effect that the player can add after rolling a crit and before rolling damage.
    I was hoping to avoid adding the effect cause its going to be an NPC and I tend to forget to add effects manually. And just so I understand this, adding the ", critical" denotes to use said damage only on a critical hit? so in effect I could do the same for a rogue's sneak attack? Would it be better to put it on the item or can I put it on the character with the effect actions extension?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Davinci522 View Post
    ... And just so I understand this, adding the ", critical" denotes to use said damage only on a critical hit? so in effect I could do the same for a rogue's sneak attack? Would it be better to put it on the item or can I put it on the character with the effect actions extension?
    Mr. Z's going to have to answer that. I wasn't aware of the possibility before he mentioned it above.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You can't add effects onto an NPC sheet or an item sheet except with the extension that you mentioned. You can of course add the effect into the effects dialog and place it on the NPC once they're on the CT. It wasn't clear from your original post that this was going to be an NPC, hence my reply related to a PC fighter.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for the clarification. I’m glad to have it explained both ways. I have an ok grasp around coding in the extra damage but I’m still trying to wrap my head around most of it.

Thread Information