5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: FG Theme

FG Theme

I found a couple links related to themes

I have a fairly decent understanding of XML and CSS, and those concepts should make it doable to make a custom theme. (see way too optimistic about available free time)

The Art Asset List for 5e Themes is an amazingly good start and reference. Thanks Nickademus

My question is where is the default theme for FG stored? I would like to make a copy of it and use it as a reference/starting point. I am guessing that there is a complete set of all resources in that file, where as some of the themes I have downloaded don't seem to have everything included.

Blog Entries
    Hey CarlPalmer all the included rulesets are layered on CoreRPG.
    Some art elements might be in the primary ruleset or in CoreRPG.
    The default themes are not loaded as themes - they are loaded as part of the ruleset so the files are not all in one spot.

Upstate NY (and not Westchester, I mean dead in the middle)
    I don’t know where it was on the forum (I think it was Damned who suggested it) but it was recommended to first simplify the windows... basically rename the links to all use a single window art resource. If I had it to do over, I would have started off by doing this first.

You will need access to the resources in the CoreRPG and 5e rulesets, though it mostly all comes from the CoreRPG ruleset if my memory serves correctly. The other thing that I had to learn, painfully, slowly, and with great embarrassment is how to properly use the merge rules... be sure to try merging first!

Blog Entries
    In most of my themes I reduce the number of Window Frame Graphics and reuse them. Zeus does most of the official FG themes and does a wonderful job with all those different windows but I find it very challenging to have so many different windows.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hey CarlPalmer all the included rulesets are layered on CoreRPG.
    Some art elements might be in the primary ruleset or in CoreRPG.
    The default themes are not loaded as themes - they are loaded as part of the ruleset so the files are not all in one spot.
    ::facepalm:: ouch, but it does give me a place start

@11001100110011
    All good advice, thanks!

Upstate NY (and not Westchester, I mean dead in the middle)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlPalmer View Post
    @11001100110011
    All good advice, thanks!
    Also, any file ending with .lua needs to be avoided at all costs. There is nothing in there but slow creeping dread, when you're about to open one of those, just imagine someone in a movie theater shouting "DON'T GO IN THERE!"... good luck! Can't wait to see what you develop.

Since I don't know much about no a the software is developed, how close you are on unity, and how the new version will handle UI assets, but.....

Maybe Zeus has a fully complete sample people can use as a template!? No one wants to try to code all the xml from scratch. ::cringe:: it may spur more people to try their hand. I think I have plenty to work with, thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by ll00ll00ll00ll View Post
    Also, any file ending with .lua needs to be avoided at all costs. There is nothing in there but slow creeping dread, when you're about to open one of those, just imagine someone in a movie theater shouting "DON'T GO IN THERE!"... good luck! Can't wait to see what you develop.
    You and me borh, and there is 0 rear of me being in the same room with lua, much less touching it, I promise. I am learning 2 other languages for work, and they make my head hurt fine.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlPalmer View Post
    Since I don't know much about no a the software is developed, how close you are on unity, and how the new version will handle UI assets, but.....

Maybe Zeus has a fully complete sample people can use as a template!? No one wants to try to code all the xml from scratch. ::cringe:: it may spur more people to try their hand. I think I have plenty to work with, thanks guys
    Look at the themes that ship with the product.
    Theme_Wood
    Theme_Dungeon
    Theme_Simple_Brown
    Theme_Simple_Grey

ll00ll00ll00ll did the majority of the work on those last two.

Thread Information