5E Character Create Playlist

Nuking player's cache when custom ruleset/module is updated on the host side

I run a game with community ruleset, extensions and custom game module. The module is almost completed, but here and there I make adjustments to it (Fix typo, add extra things). The ruleset and extensions also might be upgraded.

Do I have to ask the players to clear their data cache every time there is an update?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I found the following entry at this URL: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/modgu...troduction.xcp

Client auto download

Clients connecting to a session hosted by you using your own custom ruleset will automatically download a copy of your ruleset without any further need to distribute it. Any updates you make to a ruleset between sessions will be updated when clients connect to your session a second time.
    How does it find out if something is modified? Checksum of the .pak file, timestamp, combination of both?

Blog Entries
    I always assumed it was time stamp. But, would be nice to know as well

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It's based on a file hash (i.e. checksum) for each file in the module/ruleset/extension.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It's based on a file hash (i.e. checksum) for each file in the module/ruleset/extension.

Regards,
    JPG
    Fantastic! I won't have to bother them with nuking stuffs when I add new goodies.

Thread Information