Starfinder Playlist

Thread: Healing Buff?

Healing Buff?

Hello, First, thanks for any help. Fairly new to this. I am trying to create an effect that can be placed on a player in combat tracker that will increase the or add a certain amount to Heals done to that player. It seems the HEAL: 1d4 or HEAL: 4 would work to me, but they do not. Is there a way to do it that is most likely right in front of my face?

This is 5E I am using btw, I left that out. Sorry.

Blog Entries
    Ah, glad I refreshed the page before replying

Check out the 5E wiki page on effects; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/5E_Effects

Search that page for "heal" and you will find detailed instruction on creating healing actions.

You will also find this image; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...eal_Dialog.jpg

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'm not absolutely clear on what it is you are trying to do; but any buff or addition to whatever healing the character gets will need to sit on whoever is doing the healing. Adding something to the character themselves won't do anything. So if the Cleric casts Cure Wounds on the character and you want that character to get extra healing for some reason; the buff will need to be on the Cleric. The easiest way to do that is for the Cleric to add a modifier to the modifier box before the heal fires.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Or add the healing action to a new power on the character who gets the bonus healing, and have them remember to add their own bonus healing whenever they are healed.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Ah, glad I refreshed the page before replying

Check out the 5E wiki page on effects; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/5E_Effects

Search that page for "heal" and you will find detailed instruction on creating healing actions.

You will also find this image; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...eal_Dialog.jpg
    One issue with the effects wiki is this entry...

Modifier Value Descriptors Notes
    Combat
    HEAL (D) - Healing rolls

The problem is that the HEAL command on an effect does not do anything, so should probably not be on the effect command list.

- Robert

Quote Originally Posted by rhammer2 View Post
    One issue with the effects wiki is this entry...

Modifier Value Descriptors Notes
    Combat
    HEAL (D) - Healing rolls

The problem is that the HEAL command on an effect does not do anything, so should probably not be on the effect command list.
    It works fine for me.

Remember that effects do not immediately perform the action related to the effect - healing in this example. They "effect" any future actions of that type. So, adding HEAL: 4 to a character in the combat tracker won't do anything when you add it, but will add 4 HP to any healing action that targets that character in future while the effect is active.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Here's an example - HEAL: 4 has been added to the PC in the combat tracker. When the 1d6 healing action (in the PC action tab on the right of this screenshot) is activated to target this PC for healing, the 4 HP of healing from the effect is added - you can see this in the chat window [EFFECTS +4]

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information