DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Swords & Wizardry Rules "expert"?

I've been approached by Frog God Games to put together a ruleset for the Swords & Wizardry system. I've a good bit of knowledge with S&W but I am not a rules lawyer for the system. I am hoping to find a DM (or more) that has experience with S&W and FG both that can beta test the ruleset and give feedback where the rules within the ruleset need to be updated.

I am experienced enough with S&W to do get 80-90% but I want to make sure I do not missing anything. For example tonight I was reviewing bonuses for strength to hit/damage and the S&W Complete rules imply that only fighters get those. That is the type of thing I'll need help with.

We're still in the process of plotting out requirements and the schedule but im hoping to get rolling early next month (July) on the project assuming everything passes muster.

If you're interested in giving feedback on the ruleset and various other parts of the project please drop me an email at [email protected].

If you PM me here i might miss it because apparently my inbox has filled up a few times now ;(
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Only Fighters get the strength bonuses.
    This is because the Paladin and Ranger get so many other things that the Fighter does not.

Blog Entries
    Zhern knows a lot about it, maybe send him a PM? I don’t know how closely he follows the forums these days.

Blog Entries
    Zhern was the one previously doing a S&W ruleset... maybe check with him and see about coordinating on a single codebase? Also hang out and ask questions on the FGG Discord, I'd imagine there are more S&W players there than here?

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Zhern was the one previously doing a S&W ruleset... maybe check with him and see about coordinating on a single codebase? Also hang out and ask questions on the FGG Discord, I'd imagine there are more S&W players there than here?
    Zhern, I am told, is working on other projects.

I am also looking in other D&D forums/areas for folks familiar with S&W. I'm hoping I can find someone experienced with S&W and FG though.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I can confirm that Zhern is working on other projects. I'm still available to answer questions as needed.
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I am also looking in other D&D forums/areas for folks familiar with S&W. I'm hoping I can find someone experienced with S&W and FG though.
    Don't know if he would have time to help, but what about the guy that actually wrote the S&W rulebook? I can put you contact with him.
    Native Texan. Tabletop Gaming since 1977. Ultimate License holder. Life-long Trekkie. Traveller fanatic. Die-hard Savage. OSR enthusiast. 1930's Pulp aficionado.
    Currently Running:
    Cypher System: Shotguns, Sorcery & Shenanigans
    Currently Playing:
    Shadowdark: ShadowRim Excursion
    Savage Worlds: Hell Divers
    Ambition & Avarice: Maelstrom Island
    Time Zone: Central Daylight Time (GMT-5)

Quote Originally Posted by sirkerry View Post
    Don't know if he would have time to help, but what about the guy that actually wrote the S&W rulebook? I can put you contact with him.
    Are you referring to Matt Finch?
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Are you referring to Matt Finch?
    Yep, he's a local.
    Native Texan. Tabletop Gaming since 1977. Ultimate License holder. Life-long Trekkie. Traveller fanatic. Die-hard Savage. OSR enthusiast. 1930's Pulp aficionado.
    Currently Running:
    Currently Playing:

I sent you a PM with a message from him.
    Currently Running:
    Currently Playing:

Thread Information