FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 28 First 1234513 ... Last
    For the layers portion, is there a reason that the mask is not bound to the Top layer? The purpose of the mask is to mask out anything that the PC's see. Right now, if I add an encounter, they show up on top of the mask. Unless I am doing something wrong.. The PC's and NPCs seem to require the top layer.

If the top layer has priority (covers all other layers) then having the mask reside on the top layer may solve all problems, no? All items below that layer will be hidden (as they should be) and the PC's will not see anything. Will this also get NPC's that are set to mask sensitive visibility work again?

I really like the extension you have but I don't see the layers working for me unless I am not doing it right. Unless there is a way to disable the layers feature altogether.

One more thing. When I drag an encounter to the combat tracker, even though they are in the combat tracker as invisible, the tokens are visible on the map.
    Last edited by Mazzar; June 20th, 2018 at 22:14.

The player can "ping"?
    Holding SHIFT+Left button

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    The player can "ping"?
    Holding SHIFT+Left button
    I’m not sure that solves the issue with adding an encounter to the combat tracker. As soon as I add it, the tokens are visible even when they are marked as invisible on the CT. I have to toggle visible and then invisible again to fix. Is there a way to add encounters where they start off invisible? I noticed in another post that mentioned this is normal functionality. When creating an encounter and placing the tokens, that will be visible to everyone. However, I am referring to when an encounter is already created and the NPC's are already placed. If you add the encounter to the combat tracker, they appear visible even though the CT shows they are invisible. You have to toggle the visibility for it to work. Is there a way to get it to default to being invisible?

I see how to add NPC’s and positioning them, and then adding them to the CT. But many adventure modules already have encounters pre-positioned. If I can just add them and have them start off invisible then I can at least get around the mask layer issue.
    Last edited by Mazzar; June 21st, 2018 at 03:24.

The tokens should be invisible when first added to CT and map from encounter record. At least that’s how the CoreRPG ruleset works.

Regards,
    JPG

@yako Only the host can ping, I'll clarify that in the posting after the update.

@Mazzar Layers fundamentally changes how maps are prepared by adding 2 layers above the 'image' layer. Only image controls that have a physical backing "image" can be 'masked', that's just how FG operates and is a limitation of the system; in truth it's an unintended side-effect as I don't think the devs intended for the use of an image control without an image. Zeus orignally was confounded by this himself if you peek into the code. My work around was to have it automatically switch to the background layer when the mask tool was toggled on off.

Regarding tokens showing up as visible after encounter placement, I believe that has to do with an interaction with layers. I'll look at it later, but it's not a pressing issue for me as I don't use encounters. I may get to it next week or some odd, but if this is a huge issue to you, you may as well go without AK, or don't rely on pre-placement, and just add them to the tracker prior to re-adding them to the map if you don't wish to use map-tokens.
    Last edited by Ken L; June 21st, 2018 at 06:10.

@Moon Wizard, Yes, the core functionality works well. I am testing the Advanced Kombat extension which has a bunch of very nice features but seems to cause an issue with using the Encounters feature, where the encounters disregard the invisible status at first.

@Ken L Thank you for the response. I'd love to use the extension as it has a bunch of very useful features. Is there a way I can temporarily disable the layers portion? Not sure if there is a place to comment it out in the scripts or XML file. Or does most of the extension rely on it? I like the concept of the layers. I can add more realism to the maps by putting in tokens that the players cannot interact with (a door that is closed can be pushed open for example). I'd love to be able to use that but I am afraid that I am giving away the location of encounters if I use the encounters feature. When creating my own maps and adventures, none of this is a problem, but I am also using pre-made adventure modules (official d&d modules) and they all have encounters pre-programmed by Smiteworks.

The biggest issue is that when I add the encounter to the CT (where the tokens are already placed and positioned), they get added to the map as visible even though the CT shows them as invisible. That's probably a bigger deal than the mask issue anyway. To bad the mask doesn't work like the grid (which seems to span all layers).

Thank you

Maz

@Mazzer, I think I know what the issue is, was browsing my github at lunch and poked around manager_combat. The layers integration isn't really to blame here. Token visibility by default is 'mask sensitive' which for the token (top layer) is pointless as it can't have a 'mask' as it doesn't have an image. Thus all tokens added by encounters are visible by default since there's no mask for the token/play layer (Trenloe added a modification that switches the image -> token layer for backwards compatibility on the token placements). I can put in a fix to make all encounters invisible by default, it's a pretty fast fix but I'll roll it out for the weekend update.
    Last edited by Ken L; June 23rd, 2018 at 10:00.

@Ken L Thank you! I think that will be great. It makes sense that being mask sensitive is pointless for encounters if they reside on the top (maskless) layer.

*deleted, sorry, double post*
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by savoylen; June 22nd, 2018 at 21:20.

I would LOVE this to work... but other than dropping this into my extensions folders (see image below), am I missing something?
    It doesn't seem to want to work - at all. Not sure what else to do. I'm not running any other extensions. Not that it matters to the basic functions, but I even have the images in the right place (tokens).

Any tips for me? - Savoy

Capture.PNG

Thread Information