FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlPalmer View Post
    I am about ready to run my first adventure with my party, but I have run into a couple issues while testing...
    The problem was one of the extensions I am running, or combination thereof, has caused the problem...
    Hey CarlPalmer in my opinion you are doing it wrong.
    Fantasy Grounds has soooooooo many features and options.
    Dont add anything to the base until you have the basics right.
    Basics - char creation, combat, story telling.
    When that is all rolling smoothly for you add effects into your mix.

Then start playing with extensions.

In my opinion you are making it harder on yourself...

Yep, that was the culprit.

Blog Entries
    I agree with damned above.

You are trying to swallow the whole sandwich in one mouthful.

Take it a bit slower and add new functionality every couple of sessions as your (and everyone's) familiarity and comfort with basic FG usage improves.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Yep, that was the culprit.
    What was the culprit? The enhanced images extension? If so, I've tested this and it works fine - and there's really nothing in that extension which would stop targeting for saves working. What version are you running?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So, this was my testing method.
    Remove all extensions, and everything works fine
    Add all extensions back and it is broken again.
    Painstakingly one at a time remove extensions one by one and test, reboot FG. Repeat
    I have to assume that it is a problem of a combination of extensions. I am have been trying different combinations of extensions to narrow the problem down further, but I am getting really tired of waiting for the campaign to reload over and over. (I have a lot of tables and characters that I have added.)

Testing will continue till I figure out the issue, cause it has annoyed me, and it is marked for death.

Carl
    Last edited by CarlPalmer; June 18th, 2018 at 15:59.

OK, I give up! I have all the extensions loaded and everything works now.

I have no clue since I can not recreate the problem consistently.

In what order are things loaded? Is it like the sidebar, where the order you click the check marks in is the order in which they appear on the sidebar? If so, that might help to explain the difficulty in reproducing the problem.

Sidenote: I really wish there were an edit mode for the sidebar to drag the icons around.

Blog Entries
    In what order are things loaded? Is it like the sidebar, where the order you click the check marks in is the order in which they appear on the sidebar? If so, that might help to explain the difficulty in reproducing the problem.

Sidenote: I really wish there were an edit mode for the sidebar to drag the icons around.
    It depends. The author of an extension can specify a load order. And then FG will load them accordingly. But, if no value is specified, then I don't know if FG loads based on file name or is random or...

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

They'll load in the same order.

I think the original issue you had may have been related to the target icon in the top left corner of the modifier stack below the chat window. If that is greyed out, then targeting won't be used - and you will get the exact results you described. You may have clicked that by accident.

You can't drag them around, but you can set the order.

Go into the Library and unselect all of the campaign data items at the top of the window. Then re-select them in the order you want to see them.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information