DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Combat Tracker Questions

I am about ready to run my first adventure with my party, but I have run into a couple issues while testing.

I set up an instance of FG as the DM and another connected through local host. I have a map set up with some flunkies and a PC.

The problem I have is when casting spells. I have targeted the monsters to be affected by a fireball. When I open the character sheet on the client and double click the save, it puts in chat the targeted save number: [SAVE VS] Fireball [DEX DC 10] [MAGIC] [HALF ON SAVE] but it does not roll a save for the target.

When I roll damage I get the roll with the damage [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire (8d6=27)] but it doesn't apply damage.

Now when I do this from the DM instance from the same client character sheet and not changing selection criteria, it autorolls saves, and it applies damage to the targets automatically.

Why doesn't this happen from the client PC? Do I have to cast spells for players?

Secondarily:

Monsters are not showing up on the client combat tracker, only the player. I have tried visibility options, etc. Is this intended? Is there a way around this?

I found this Video by Doug where he go through this, and how to use those entries in the chat log for damage and DC of spell. Simple enough, but can you not automate it from client side so the DM doesn't even have to be involved in the fireball, just like you can do it from the DM screen? (auto save and damage application)

Blog Entries
    First, did all entries (PC and NPC) get added to the map from the Combat Tracker? Second, did the PCs get added to the CT from the icons on the top left corner portraits? Third, on the character sheet, there are generally 3 icons, the first is the cast icon, that does nothing but count the spell slot and send a message to chat. Use the other two icons (one to roll the save, and one to apply damage).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I cleared out everything, readded the PCs to the CT from their portait on the character sheet
    I added the PCs to the map from the CT to the Map by dragging the portrait in CT
    I added 3 bandit victims from the NPC window to the CT with the hot link button
    I added the 3 victims to the map from their portrait in CT

In the client window of FG, I targeted 2 bandits with ctrl click

When I attack with fireball, I have a die icon and a text description for the ST, I have dragged and dropped each to chat and double clicked each
    All I get is [SAVE VS] Fireball [DEX DC 14] [MAGIC] [HALF ON SAVE]
    if I drag and drop either on a token, a ST is made in chat, but only for the NPC I dropped it on. When I roll damage, it just spits out the total damage into chat.

If I go over to the GM window and double click the save Icon (from that PC's char sheet for fireball), it auto rolls saves for both NPCs, and then when I roll damage (from the PC's char sheet for fireball), it is auto applied at full or half depending on whether the save is made.

The question is, when I do it from a client window, it just puts the numbers out there, and then then saves have to be made manually, and damage applied manually
    when I perform the exact same actions from the DM window, it is all automatic

Btw, can't wait for undermountain

You are doing something wrong somewhere. As you can see from my screenshot this works.

1) Drag NPCs and PCs to the CT - Make the NPCs visible
    2) Drag PCs and NPCs onto a gridded map
    3) Switch to the PCs turn
    4) CTRL-Click all the targets needed
    5) Click the Dice icon or the save icon on the character sheet to make the saving throws
    6) Click the damage button to do damage.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I did steps 1-3 on the GM instance and steps 4-6 on the Client instance, and this is what I get:

CTProblem.jpg
    Note, there are 2 fireballs, one PH and one from Rob Twohy's Spell Coding Module

Now if I open the character sheet on the GM instance, and do the exact same thing, it works perfectly like yours.

I have to be doing something wrong if it is working for you. I'll do some serious troubleshooting to make sure I don't have an extension or something causing me issues.

Are you using any extensions? If so try in a new campaign without extensions.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by CarlPalmer View Post
    When I attack with fireball, I have a die icon and a text description for the ST, I have dragged and dropped each to chat and double clicked each
    All I get is [SAVE VS] Fireball [DEX DC 14] [MAGIC] [HALF ON SAVE]
    if I drag and drop either on a token, a ST is made in chat, but only for the NPC I dropped it on. When I roll damage, it just spits out the total damage into chat.
    Good Day Carl
    I am confused by the comment that you "dragged and dropped each to chat"
    You shouldn't have to drag and drop at all if you have all affected targets selected, just click on the save button then damage button from the Actions tab.

The problem was one of the extensions I am running, or combination thereof, has caused the problem. When I rebooted FG with no extensions, it worked fine. I am going to do some checking and figure out what is causing the problem exactly, and when I do, I am going to let you know what exactly is causing the problem, in case someone else encounters the same problem.

I’d guess it was the layers extension, since there have been a couple of reports on that one causing issues if memory serves.

Thread Information