DICE PACKS BUNDLE

3.5E Double weapon damage issue

Opening a new thread for this since I had it mixed in an older thread with other bugs I found in 3.5E.

In the 3,5E rule set if you have a weapon with the "double" property such as a staff and have two damage types such as "Bludgeoning, magic" also tried "Bludgeoning and magic" it will make 3 entries on action sheet, first one is for 2 handed attack and has only damage type Bludgeoning, second one is first attack of the double attack (weapon head 1) and only has damage type Bludgeoning then the third is second attack of double attack (weapon head 2) and only has damage type of magic. All 3 should have both the bludgeoning and magic damage types.

Ok so the problem with the Double weapon having multiple damage types lies in campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua at lines 465, 512 and 569, if I change those to the same as line 468 it works properly. It looks like the program assumes any second damage type on a double weapon means the other side does a different type of damage and so it splits it, guess the devs didn't think anyone would have a magic double weapon? They should make it so if the separator between damage types is "and" that it uses both types on both ends and if the separator is "or" it splits the damage types between them. Or do like they do for the damage dice and use "/" (1d6/1d8) as a separator for the damage type between ends.

Ok so I think I figured out how to fix this, I will include the code for what I did with the comment tags “– added” to “– end added” to show what I changed I also left any old code in just commented out. Its all in the function addToWeaponDB in campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua.

So it works just like the damage dice for a double weapon with a "/" separating the different damage per heads example (slashing, magic/bludgeoning, magic) would give the first head damage types slashing and magic and the second head of the weapon bludgeoning and magic damage types.

code was to big to include in the post will just attach the manager_char.lua file. err well it wont do a .lua file, ill make it an extension then just to upload it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mr900rr; June 16th, 2018 at 08:54.

Good detective work but should maybe be in 3.5 forum

Thread Information