DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 12 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by dantedoom View Post
    Hey, really great extension! Congrats!

But i found something odd happening...

When I use the encounter to populate the map and CT with the monsters for the encounter the token doesn't come invisible. All players can see the token and can also move it... When I click in the Hostile icon in the CT, it goes normal hiding again...
    Encounters have always had this issue, I noted this in the map tokens section. You can't create encounters, and setup the tokens without the players seeing them. Map tokens however let you pre-place the npc tokens directly on the map rather than the encounter. See the subsection for information.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    Encounters have always had this issue, I noted this in the map tokens section. You can't create encounters, and setup the tokens without the players seeing them. Map tokens however let you pre-place the npc tokens directly on the map rather than the encounter. See the subsection for information.
    Thanks Ken!!

You should make paid extension... Have you ever wondered?
    I would gladly pay for really good extensions. Not that I don't like this free... Lol
    Think about it, maybe some on demand or maybe something like complete effect packages like there are for 5ed! Lol just saying that you make a wonderful job!

Thanks again!

v1.1 Update: icon flexibity, and combat snap update.
    - Added: Icons indicating "more" effects for all statuses. If you have an effect line "fascinated; entangled; ATK: 1;" the "fascinated" status icon will have the 3 dot "more" indicator, this applies to all normal status effects now
    - Changed: The combat snap selected combat entry will now show everything that the active combat entry does, with the addition of the defense parameters. This makes eyeballing AC and accessing saves on the fly much easier.

See Github for the freshest updates.

Hey Ken, noticed something that maybe you can help me...

I tried using map tokens to pre-place the encounters as you sugested! But I noticed that the tokens shows to the players in the tokens button, in a token bag! Any way to avoid this?

....the tokens shows to the players in the tokens button, in a token bag! Any way to avoid this?
    This is something native to FG. I personally have edited the desktop.lua in my themed extensions to remove the token box entirely from the player view. You can do something similar. That's outside the scope of AK however. You can ask in the workshop forums and I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction.

Blog Entries
    Hey Ken, noticed something that maybe you can help me...

I tried using map tokens to pre-place the encounters as you sugested! But I noticed that the tokens shows to the players in the tokens button, in a token bag! Any way to avoid this?
    This happens with or without the AK extension - it is in the engine as KenL points out.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    Yes. I had two copies of FG running side by side, one host and one client, both looking at the same map shared by the host. The sync client view function works just fine, changing the view on the client side, but for some reason the client view doesn't change when I ping (shift-click right?) on the host.

And for all my comments above, this was done in a test campaign with only AK loaded.
    Same thing here 3.3.5A - same behavior with the client on the same machine. Had my wife load up her client and test - same thing - the ping icon shows up on the map - clicking anywhere else makes it go away - but the map doesn't synch to the view when pinging.

Only extension loaded was the Advanced Kombat.

Can modules affect this?

If you only have AK loaded, it should work. If you can upload a video of the issue that would narrow things down. In my 2 campaigns in which I use this, I haven't had a report of it not working.

Does 'sync client view' work when you right click the image and select it? Ping essentially does just that with the addition of the token.

I'll take a look at it this weekend.

Yeah - I even created a new campaign to test just to make sure it was fresh - here is a vid - I can admit - it's possible I am just doing something wrong, honestly I don't know that I'll use it - but I was trying to test everything listed and couldn't get it to work.

https://youtu.be/uFi1ySEjhL0

Great to see it confirmed, Darren brought this up earlier but I was skeptical.

What's weird is that it works for some but not others which I honestly don't have an answer for.

I'll change the DB update handler into a OOB based message which should work as I feel it's a database permission issue. IE: if you don't have permission to read the node, you can't get the x/y/image data to ping to. Which is odd as the node is set as public. I have encountered where FG will not set the node as public at times though I haven't isolated why.

Thread Information