FG Spreadshirt Swag

Is there a tutorial on adding another attribute to the character sheet?

I'm working on a horror themed campaign / module for my players.

As part of this I want them to have a Sanity attribute on their character sheets. They will make saves against this at certain points and I will have another stat called Horror. Failure on checks will increase their Horror pool, when they hit certain level effect will be applied.

I can easily make a horror pool in powers and the effects but I'm not sure how to create a new attribute to sit along with STR, INT etc.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    No tutorial I've ever heard of. There are numerous "character sheet" threads in the various forums here and there (I started on myself for Star Frontiers, though never finished) that you can search for and read through. Some are discussions and questions on how to do x or y and the solutions for the issue.

In short, you'll want to pull apart existing xml character sheet and read through the developers guide to see how things go. IMO, it's not particularly easy because you have to figure out where you want to add the field, then you are going to have to move every thing around to make room for it. i.e. it's more of a layout challenge than a coding challenge.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Usually for just tracking a simple field like this, I just throw it in the character notes as text.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping to add it as an attribute so I could have them make saves on it using the sheet like other attributes.

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal66 View Post
    I was hoping to add it as an attribute so I could have them make saves on it using the sheet like other attributes.
    It's possible, As someone new to FG modification for stuff like this, it would take you many, many, many hours of work to learn, discover where to make the changes and implement.

This will all be changing and adding to existing FG XML (for the graphical control layout and base functionality): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ts_-_Interface

And coding in LUA for the underlying advanced functionality you are looking for: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ts_-_Scripting

As a starting point, look at the Developer Guide in the Wiki: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...eveloper_Guide
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

As Trenloe and LordEntrails mentioned, all modifications to the way that a game system works in Fantasy Grounds requires coding in XML (for layout) and Lua (for logic).

If you are technically minded, you can review the Developer's Guide, and check out some of the other extensions (i.e. game system modifications) on the forums.

If not, then my suggestion is the best, just track the information in the PC notes, and roll a D20 manually when a save needed. (just like you would at a live table)

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danimal66 View Post
    I'm working on a horror themed campaign / module for my players.

As part of this I want them to have a Sanity attribute on their character sheets. They will make saves against this at certain points and I will have another stat called Horror. Failure on checks will increase their Horror pool, when they hit certain level effect will be applied.

I can easily make a horror pool in powers and the effects but I'm not sure how to create a new attribute to sit along with STR, INT etc.

Thanks
    Danimal please make a graphic and description showing exactly what you want it to look like and do...

Thread Information