FG Spreadshirt Swag

/Rollon Functionality for Tables while IN table mode?

Hello Folks,
    I was wondering - is there a way to use the /Rollon functionality for over riding the normal die result of a table?

Suppose I had a table that had 100 entries. If you roll a 100 on 1d100, the result might read as "Roll twice on this table, ignore 100's". In that case, what it is really saying is roll 1d99 twice.

So, Can I do that?

Also, I have a table I want to roll against in Interface Zero regarding the Gang Size and "interests" for the gang in question. It might say something like Roll against Interests at -1 or +2 or what have you.

If I have the table set to 1d6 to begin with, can I make it roll against that table with a -2 penalty somehow?

And for the record, I noted after experimentation, that I could use the following and have it work!

[(1d4+1)*10+1d10-1] Members

I wanted to be able to roll a number that was between 20 and 50 inclusive of all those numbers involved. I could simply have rolled it as 1d31+19 and it would have worked well enough for my purposes - but I wanted to see if it would work as written above, and darned if it didn't work!

So I guess what I'm looking to do overall is something like this (not that THIS would work NOW - just an example of what I'd like to see be possible)

[1d6x][Rollon -2][Table 1]

So if Table 1 rolled normally on a 1d6 roll, it would actively roll 1d6-2 instead.

Is this even possible with FG as written in version 3.3.5?

For your first question if your table is called 'My Table' for the 100 result have the result be [2x][My Table]

For the second one, no you can't have a rollon string within the string that calls the table. In your example above [1d6-2x] will roll d6 -2 times on the table (this assumes a call from another table). You can modify a table result as you are probably aware by adding a modifier to the table's modifier box or to the modifier in the bottom left of the UI.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    For your first question if your table is called 'My Table' for the 100 result have the result be [2x][My Table]

For the second one, no you can't have a rollon string within the string that calls the table. In your example above [1d6-2x] will roll d6 -2 times on the table (this assumes a call from another table). You can modify a table result as you are probably aware by adding a modifier to the table's modifier box or to the modifier in the bottom left of the UI.
    Unfortunately, rolling on the table twice and ignoring roll twice against the same table, can still result in roll twice on the table. Programming logic wise, that allows you to enter the loop structure a second time. Hypothetically speaking, assuming one rolls at least one roll of a 100 each time on a reroll - you could end up with an infinite loop. Statistically speaking, that is VERY highly unlikely

The ONLY way that I've been able to get around this issue where I now need a second roll of 1 to 99 instead of 1 to 100 as the table is originally set up, is to create the table once with its 1 to 100 entries. Then - drag the table and dropping it back onto the area so that a copy of the table is created. Unlock the copied table, go in and delete option 100, and then renaming the table so that it has essentially the same name, but without the spaces (or differencing it somehow like with a number or something). Then, when I get that "reroll twice, ignore 100" result, I can simply replace it with [2x][CopiedTable] because the copied table only goes from 1 to 99.

So, one can't override the normal table's random die range with a nested table call. Pity.

Well, thank you for that information, as I will stop looking for information on it.

For my NEXT trick, I will now see if I can nest Story Templates within each other. I'm guessing I can't, but gotta try just to see what happens!

Quote Originally Posted by HalC View Post
    Then, when I get that "reroll twice, ignore 100" result, I can simply replace it with [2x][CopiedTable] because the copied table only goes from 1 to 99.

For my NEXT trick, I will now see if I can nest Story Templates within each other. I'm guessing I can't, but gotta try just to see what happens!
    Yes, this would be another method if you are worried about infinite loops; unlikely but possible as you say.

You can't have a Story Template nested in a Story Template. Well you can link a Story Template to another but you can't call the second template from the first. Templates only work off tables. And I'd recommend not using nested tables if you want the Template result to look good. Have a look at this video.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information