5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

D&D 5e Players Handbook, DM Guide, Monsters Manual?

Is there anyway to purchase a pdf version of D&D 5e Players Handbook, DM Guide, Monsters Manual? Like you can for Pathfinder?

Blog Entries
    WotC does not license anyone to sell or distribute PDF versions of their products. So no.

If you purchase the digital version of the 5E products on Fantasy Grounds their is an e-book like format that you can use to read the book while in Fantasy Grounds. It is called the Reference Manual. No you can not read it outside of FG.

There are many other benefits to the FG version, and some restrictions and a few older adventure modules that do not have reference manual versions. But if all you want is a PDF then no point in going into that discussion.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yea, that’s what I figured. Just looking for ebook version I could read on the fly like PFRPG.
    Iown FG D&D complete

Look at D&D beyond: https://www.dndbeyond.com/

Unfortunately, most things there will require additional purchases. There's no discount for having purchased WotC products elsewhere.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I was wondering what Beyond was, I came across it earlier.

DnD Beyond is basically like a really useful digital character sheet you can use in your real life games. I think thats what they're targeting it for at least. Personally speaking I needed a virtual table top so I had to choose a different platform.

Yea. I looked at their digital copies of the books and its ridiculous, $29.99 for something I've bought twice now, One physical copy and the copy in FG, they are crazy if I am going to pay a THIRD time for this crap LOL. They could at least be like PFRPG and charge a MUCH lower rate like 9.99 for ebook. PLUS you have to use there damn service and twitch every time you want to read it, B.S. WotC. I remember when you were a fledgling group of geek/nerds like the rest of us starting MtG. Now you are greedy corporate A.H.'s

They have to protect their gaming store partner's profits so I understand its not a easy position for them or their digital partners.

Blog Entries
    Publishers have the right to charge for their effort, for their IP, for the value they see in the product.
    Consumers can buy or not buy.
    Every medium has additional costs involved in production and support.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Viper View Post
    …. bought twice now, One physical copy ...
    Viper... You could scan your paper copies into PDFs. You can't distribute them to anyone. But for your own use, they'd suffice.
    Anything paper that I buy, that's the first thing I do.
    It's pretty labor intensive though.
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; June 11th, 2018 at 04:04.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Thread Information