DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 17 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    Updates

• Simple theme support for Savage Worlds. (Thanks to Aki.)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    As some sharp-eyed folks have already noticed, there is a 64-bit build of Fantasy Grounds included in the v3.3.6 download package.

However, I want to be clear on our position for this build. Since the third party software libraries used by Fantasy Grounds were never designed or tested to be built as 64-bit libraries, it is unknown to us whether these rough library ports will work fully. Also, since the libraries were not written by us, we have minimal expertise or knowledge of how to fix these libraries to work as 64-bit libraries if they don't work fully.

Therefore, this build will be considered a hidden "experimental build" of the program. This means that if the program doesn't work for you, then our answer will be to use the "release build" (i.e. 32-bit) version of the the program. While, we are hopeful that the naive 64-bit port of the program will be good enough (or easy to fix), there is also a good chance that it won't ever fully work, will never be a viable option, and/or we will discontinue access to it.

You're welcome to use the experimental build while it is available, and provide us with feedback. However, we will not be officially supporting the build until we determine it is viable (which could be quite a while). Also, you will need to set up your own shortcut to access the executable at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGrounds_x64.exe".

At this point, we have only done some preliminary testing with the build internally and it has not been used in any sessions. The plan was to put it in the patch system, so that we could have our internal team run a few sessions, and then ask some of our community members to give it a try. We have noticed some minor graphical anomalies in preliminary testing already.

Regards,
    JPG
    Can't tell you how happy I am to see the 64b version near ready to be released. Sure hope to see that x64 DOES see official light of day. It's so frustrating not being able to have all WotC modules open at the same time as well as my own battlemap modules. As per the 3rd party libs, -sigh- I hear that pain and can only hope that it isn't a factor. As per "hidden experimental" build ... -sigh- to that as well. But I can understand, if many people complain about broken fxnality and it's related to the 3rd party bits ... then there's really nothing you can do. Hence I'll see how things go and report what i can.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I've been doing some testing - not in session yet.

The main thing I've seen is that the mouse cursor doesn't change, it stays as the pointer for some operations:

- for resizing maps you don't get the cursor change to the resize graphic.
    - for drag/drop fields you sometimes don't get the hand graphic... Although, doing a test just now with PFRPG default theme the hand does appear for drag/drop operations... I can't seem to recreate this now - I'll post if I get a 100% recreation process.
    Reporting that with x64 on Linux I am seeing an identical issue with the cursor as stated here. I'll try some themes as mentioned by Trenloe and see if I have better success.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Hi Moon Wizard,

Circumstances were as follows:
    two players using x64,
    One player using the demo so don't think he had the x64, he couldn't see it in the folder after patching to test.

100% reproducability, playing starfinder AP1, on the acreon map. I set a mask in live, and we were carring on from there.

Everything functioning normally until i flip into mask mode and drag a box to reveal an area. Client freezes for all players, but crashing and re-entering did not force a message to state that the data could be corrputed from a crash.

Az.
    Not quite same experience as mentioned above. In my case both host and client are x64 (am running host on Linuxmint 18.3, client is using win10).

Host revealed area of battlemap that was masked. Host's battlemap did not unmask/reveal red-box area as expected, in fact didn't even see redbox when trying to unmask. Whereas client side was able to watch as are was unmasked (as normal).

CTRL left click to blue-box re-mask the area. Again on host side it didn't re-mask as expected. No blue-box outline. On client side the mask was successfully re-applied as expected.

Hence to mask / un-mask from host side is a guessing game. I think this might be related to the cursor not changing as expected and as reported earlier.

Blog Entries
    Using Simple Grey / Brown themes and I don't notice the cursor or masking issue noted in my other 2 posts in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Updates List (Updated 6/29)

• [CoreRPG+] NPC identification support

I'm curious... why does this actually show "Unidentified" to the DM/Host? When testing using the 5E ruleset I actually had to toggle the creature ID so I could see it. When would the DM ever want to not know the creatures real name?

Have you considered having a name field for the DM?

I've been using PCVisiblename (Real Name) style and when the creature is dropped into the CT it only shows the PCVisiblename to the clients and shows me both. Such as "Goblin (Archer)" or "Guard (Fighter 3)" and that sorta thing.

The tokens only ever show the PCVisible name as well. I tried to actually have it set the name for the DM and another name for client but it seems to only allow a single name (or I'm just missing a handler that changes it for client/host side). I have been able to get it to show just the DM the health bars of NPCs and not to PCs so it's probably something I'm missing... but that's another story.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

When using Hellfrost Calendar:

Script Error: [string "utility/scripts/calendar_period_list.lua"]:39: attempt to call field 'getStartDayOfMonth' (a nil value)
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    When using Hellfrost Calendar:

Script Error: [string "utility/scripts/calendar_period_list.lua"]:39: attempt to call field 'getStartDayOfMonth' (a nil value)
    You're using an extension?

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    You're using an extension?
    I was not aware of it, as I was player but yes indeed "Moon Tracker" extension was used and it caused the issue. I reported it to the original extension thread.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

I had similar mask issues. DM was using x64 version, players were using x64. Various users would lock up. We ended up just not using maps for the evening during play because I couldn't find a method that would work around it (trying 32 bit DM and players 64).

edit: ignore the below bit, I shoulda known better, the below was because of a extension ;(
    I also had an issue with the languages drop down on the chat box. When I would click it the drop DOWN would extend the chat window down below the FG desktop view. I think that drop down needs to be a drop up?
    Last edited by celestian; July 7th, 2018 at 00:56.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

@celestian,

I'm curious... why does this actually show "Unidentified" to the DM/Host? When testing using the 5E ruleset I actually had to toggle the creature ID so I could see it. When would the DM ever want to not know the creatures real name?
    I actually thought about this quite a bit. I decided to optimize the interface for communication between the GM and users. If you have an NPC as unidentified, then all the PCs will be communicating with the GM using the unidentified creature names. ("I run up and attack 'Green Guy 3'.")

The GM can always click the link button to get the full NPC record with the identified name and other details.

Have you considered having a name field for the DM?
    See above. Plus, the combat tracker is already overloaded with some would say is too much information, so adding yet another field with no obvious place to put it would only exacerbate the issue.

I've been using PCVisiblename (Real Name) style and when the creature is dropped into the CT it only shows the PCVisiblename to the clients and shows me both. Such as "Goblin (Archer)" or "Guard (Fighter 3)" and that sorta thing.
    As above. Plus, if you run games like me, you tend to narrow the combat tracker to maximize screen real estate, which means that the extra name information would always be clipped. Also, you would lose the ability to edit the name in the combat tracker for NPCs, because you are now displaying as an aggregated field.

The tokens only ever show the PCVisible name as well. I tried to actually have it set the name for the DM and another name for client but it seems to only allow a single name (or I'm just missing a handler that changes it for client/host side). I have been able to get it to show just the DM the health bars of NPCs and not to PCs so it's probably something I'm missing... but that's another story.
    It sounds like you have some other code (ruleset layer or extension) overriding the CoreRPG code that handles this.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information