DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 17 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    * The onWindowOpened event only ever worked for windows opened by local user actions. I added the onWindowOpened event to the specific case of a window being shared by the GM using the radial menu.

* The DB.setValue call can be set to any string that you want. However, if it is not a file name of a valid image file (either campaign or module), then it won't be able to load. The primary use for this feature is to allow easier node copying for the people writing reference manual building extensions. Note, this does not actually copy the physical image; it just allows an image record to be pointed to a file at run time.

Regards,
    JPG

Updates

• Updated client to perform some between version file maintenance on load. Doesn't affect switching between versions.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    * The DB.setValue call can be set to any string that you want. However, if it is not a file name of a valid image file (either campaign or module), then it won't be able to load. The primary use for this feature is to allow easier node copying for the people writing reference manual building extensions. Note, this does not actually copy the physical image; it just allows an image record to be pointed to a file at run time.
    Will it be possible to set the database node of an image control at some point as opposed to changing the image bitmap value? This is for preserving features tied to the node itself as opposed to the bitmap value. It would allow for things like background maps (image control in a panel) as the only blocking agent was the ability to change the database node of the image control.

Ken unless I misunderstand, this is essentially what the new setValue does. The element of the node that you care about for an image is the filename , and you can now obtain and set that at will. The only restriction (and I still don’t understand why FG has to have every file in the image windowlist) is that the file must be in the image window list, which basically means the file has to be in the windows directory where all the images are (for a module the file has to be in the module’s image folder). Maybe I am not getting what you are saying though?

The bitmap is different from the id_##### node. Each node is unique in that they have tokens on them, or even pins. Changing only the base bitmap would keep all the pins or tokens and flip in a new backing image. I'm curious how it handles masks and drawings as well as FG uses bitmap masks/drawings as opposed to the more efficient vector approach.

The ability to change the database node for an image control would let one change everything; lock, stock, and barrel, but preserve the window or panel. IIRC, the issue I had with desktop panels was that you couldn't initialize an image control in a panel as you couldn't attach a database node. Not to mention that if you did, it was immutable so you'd be stuck with that image for that panel.

Not sure if this has been reported yet but I had some problems tonight running 3.3.6.

These screenshots are from 5E from clean campaign with no addons using 3.3.6 32 bit client.

I wanted as clean a setup as possible (this isn't the campaign I was running).

The left FG is the client side. You can see his targeting of players shows as <Target>;<Target>.
    You'll also notice how the names above characters look when "Token Show Name" is set to "title".
    The right side is DM, the only piece that looks strange is the characters names on the token. NPCs don't seem to have this problem with the "Name" on either PC or DM side.

---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Not sure if this has been reported yet but I had some problems tonight running 3.3.6.

These screenshots are from 5E from clean campaign with no addons using 3.3.6 32 bit client.

I wanted as clean a setup as possible (this isn't the campaign I was running).

The left FG is the client side. You can see his targeting of players shows as <Target>;<Target>.
    You'll also notice how the names above characters look when "Token Show Name" is set to "title".
    The right side is DM, the only piece that looks strange is the characters names on the token. NPCs don't seem to have this problem with the "Name" on either PC or DM side.

Love that map tho!
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

I can't reproduce this. The usual question are you using any extensions?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I can't reproduce this. The usual question are you using any extensions?
    As I mentioned in my previous post, it was a no-addon/extensions clean campaign.

Here is another one. This one I just made and only added PHB and MM modules for the test.

The only settings set are names to "Title" and everything else was defaulted.

The right CT/map is the Player view.

(I don't have 5E.pak extracted into 5E/ or CoreRPG.pak to CoreRPG/ either btw)

If it matters for anything else I'm running Windows 10 with current updates?
    Last edited by celestian; July 21st, 2018 at 22:37.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Does 3.3.6 remove item identification on/off from the options? I also see NPCs have that option too (cool), but I think it's a mistake to remove the on/off functionality from the options menu.

An example is I was dragging NPCs into a story entry and they were showing up as " [link] Unidentified Creature ", the only way I couldseem to fix that was to uncheck EACH ONE INDIVIDUALLY.

That didn't make me feel good. lol

Am I just crazy (perhaps illiterate) or is this the new intended way?

screenshot0009.png
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Thread Information