Starfinder Playlist
Page 16 of 17 First ... 614151617 Last
    Yes. Try searching for tokenscale references. Let me know if you need a copy, or any pointers to the code.

JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; August 7th, 2018 at 23:16.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    I can't imagine that could be accurate.
    I used it all the time... and never heard/read a complaint about it. I'm not sure who this vast majority is. Perhaps functions that are second nature to me at this point are confusing newbies... that I couldn't say.
    I can say I probably see a post every 3-4 months with somebody asking what the number means. At least it seems that frequent.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    I can't imagine that could be accurate.
    I can confirm that it is a question that is asked often on the forums and on Discord as to what the number was for. I could never see a use for it and I'm not entirely sure what the use case would be. But then I don't know what ruleset you are using. It may be that if there isn't automatic scaling then it might be useful. Although again I'm not sure how.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    I use it all the time in Pathfinder... scaling creatures under the effects of 'Enlarge' or 'Reduce' spells.. or just for small or tiny creatures.. automatic token scaling does zero for those situations... and the scaling of the tokens helps players to visually identify the size differences. A couple of ticks difference is usually just enough to make it work.
    I've been using the interface for a very long time at this point so the tricks are very basic to me... obviously not so much for newbies I guess.. but then very little in FG is without some learning curve.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

I agree that tokens may need scaling if they come under the effect of a spell but I still don’t see how that number helps. A medium or smaller creature takes up one square a large one 4 squares. I don’t need a number to tell me when something is taking up 4 squares. And in fact never noticed that the number changed when you scaled something (which I assume it did). However I can understand if it is something you used, but I fear that you may well be in that tiny minority unfortunately.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    I seriously DOUBT that... I would imagine that I am actually in the silent (except for me) majority of folks who used it quite happily and will now be annoyed that it is gone.

Time will only tell if they grab their pitchforks and rise up!
    Last edited by Blackfoot; August 8th, 2018 at 00:26.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Blog Entries
    I know what you mean Blackfoot, I did use it from time to time and didn't have any issue figuring out what it was for. Thing is, compared to identifying NPCs ... it takes a backseat. Perhaps I might suggest that you consider creating an extension with an option we can enable, that will allow this tokenscale reference to return? Perhaps it can be to the right of the new identify overlay icon?

It already seems like the developers are happy to help you with the code ... so is the happy medium ground to just have an extension made?

Using the 64 bit software, I sometimes run into an issue when I unmask a part of a map. My UI freezes and becomes unresponsive, making me unable to do anything in the program. FG64 itself does not lock up, as connected players are still able to interact with campaign elements. Theonly solution is to force quit and relaunch FG.

This has not happened to me when I add a mask, only when I remove a bit of the mask. I am not currently using any extensions. This has happened when players were connected and when no one was connected.

Quote Originally Posted by epithet View Post
    Using the 64 bit software, I sometimes run into an issue when I unmask a part of a map. My UI freezes and becomes unresponsive, making me unable to do anything in the program. FG64 itself does not lock up, as connected players are still able to interact with campaign elements. Theonly solution is to force quit and relaunch FG.

This has not happened to me when I add a mask, only when I remove a bit of the mask. I am not currently using any extensions. This has happened when players were connected and when no one was connected.
    Same problem, when I use the masking it hangs. We've had to go back to the 32bit.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Same problem, when I use the masking it hangs. We've had to go back to the 32bit.
    Ditto on problem with x64, and ditto that i had to go back to using 32bit. -sigh- ... my dreams of having all my tokens available have been quashed.

Thread Information