5E Character Create Playlist

Changing Default Critical & Fumble Tables (5E)

Hi,

Has anyone had success in changing the default fumble or critical table to a house-rule option? I have built my own fumble table and would like to enable it instead of the default fumble table from Smite Works.

Table attached for those of you who are interested.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

5E_Fumble_Table.mod

Kerrigaj

See some information about the Critical Hit table here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post382689

Similarly, for fumbles, the table name must match exactly. FG is looking for a table called Fumble
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Similarly, for fumbles, the table name must match exactly. FG is looking for a table called Fumble
    Works a treat - thanks for such a rapid response.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that it cannot.

Can the Critical Hit table push an Effect?
    Last edited by Greywolf411; May 1st, 2020 at 06:45.

No, the critical hit and fumble tables built in were just added for flavor. Anything more elaborate would require an extension to modify the ruleset to do more.

Regards,
    JPG

SO I can modify the Critical hit tables and fumble tables - cool I can and did do that - what I want to do is to modify when it is rolled.
    For example we use the house rolls listed in Dragon Mag - Good Hits and Bad Misses - with a slight modification.

If a natural 20 is rolled it is a possible Critical Hit - a second attack roll is used with all of the attackers bonuses against the defenders A/C - if it is again ruled a HIT then the attacker rolls on the proper Critical hit chart and the damage is applied.

If a Natural 1 is rolled it is a possible Fumble - 1d100 die is rolled and compared against the characters level x5% if the d100 roll is less its not a fumble just a bad miss, if the d100 roll is over then roll on the fumbles chart.

What would it take to program something like this?

An extension.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information